When you just don't want to cook...

...what do you turn to? We've been eating in very consistently, but I've hit a rut. I'm tired of cooking. I need a break! Wondering what your favorite frozen meals/restaurant meals are when you're just tired of cooking!

Replies

• LittleD311
    LittleD311 Posts: 618 Member
    I turn to my shakeology! :)
  • mamaw53
    mamaw53 Posts: 71
    Applebee's Portobello Grilled Chicken. DELICIOUS and low in calories and fat.
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    About once or twice a month, my husband cooks for all of us. And, whatever he makes, it's perfect. Because sometimes it's time to not cook.
  • 3ricaAnn
    3ricaAnn Posts: 288
    This probably won't help much bc when I don't feel like cooking I order pizza! LOL it only happens about once every 2 weeks. But on a serious note: The frozen wal mart brand lasagna is pretty good and isn't that bad on calories either. Just stay away from the banquest or marie calender meals, in my opinion the are really nasty! Another thing I do is just make meals that are baked so I dont have to stand there and stir and flip. You can like my page on facebook if you want some recipes its called No Place Like Home Cooking. https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/pages/No-Place-Like-Home-Cooking/217601461585760 I am in the process of getting calories added to the recipes.
  • thurberj
    thurberj Posts: 528 Member
    Panera rocks!! or any place that serves a nice salad topped with Salmon or grilled chicken....dressing on the side, please.
  • DRJJ2004
    DRJJ2004 Posts: 186 Member
    When I don't feel like cooking...I head out to the places to get my favorite salads. Arbys, McDonalds & Wendy's. The family can eat what they want and I get the things that actually taste good to me.
  • If you have a Trader Joe's in your area, they have a lot of frozen food options... one of my faves is the frozen marinated Ahi steaks. Slap on the grill for 5-6 min/side (technically it's cooking I suppose but nothing much involved), microwave some frozen veggies to go with :).
  • sharesb
    sharesb Posts: 416 Member
    When it is way too hot to cook, I go to the grocery store, pick up a ready made oven roasted chicken, bag of salad and some fruit. Throw the chicken on the salad, cut up some fruit and its a healthy easy dinner!
  • Uk_Yogini
    Uk_Yogini Posts: 167
    Salads
    Wraps with veggies
    Hummus with veggies
    Protein shakes
    Fruit & nuts
  • bmmadden
    bmmadden Posts: 499 Member
    thats when I go for my processed low calorie lean cuisine with a side salad like tonight : ) I figure sure theres better things but also a lot worse things and its in my calorie range
  • rschmmidt
    rschmmidt Posts: 296
    We discovered Paul Newman's frozen pizzas - a relatively healthy option for pizza. Put one in the oven and throw together a salad and we're good.
  • Emma1903
    Emma1903 Posts: 195
    If I'm out then nandos or take away Indian, I get chicken tikka and paneer cheese, no carbs!
  • Penguinita
    Penguinita Posts: 159 Member
    McDonald's has a GREAT Asian salad. Also buy some Lean Cuisine/Lean Gourmet/Healthy Choice/...
  • loverstreet
    loverstreet Posts: 227 Member
    Breakfast for dinner! Lots of options...cereal, pancakes, eggs, low sodium bacon or low fat sausage. Once a week in my house!
  • Cinnamonie
    Cinnamonie Posts: 138
    How about omelettes? Not too much cooking involved
  • prohpet
    prohpet Posts: 3
    I worked at McDonalds for a year and half, if you are trying to be healthy, avoid any type of fast food (store or box fashion). Believe me, you don't want the salads either....even with grilled chicken.

If you don't feel like cooking, then go to the grocery store, pickup some wheat bread, turkey, skim mozzarella cheese, and mustard (no need for mayo)..and have yourself a few sandwiches. Add lettuce and a few tomatoes if your feeling wild. Or, pickup some roasted chicken, or...do anything but do not go to a fast-food restaurant, and avoid pre-packaged meals.
  • cocolo89
    cocolo89 Posts: 1,169 Member
    if i'm making a meal for myself, i just make myself a salad. chop up some romaine lettuce, 1/2 a tomato, croutons, cottage cheese, and any light dressing. if you want, you can add some cubed ham. its yummy and full of protein :))
  • I frequently don't cook. I buy a frozen meal with less than 300 Calories and no more than 9 Grams of Fat. I toss in Fruits and Veggies and call it good.
  • HonkyTonks
    HonkyTonks Posts: 1,193 Member
    Take out! Just eat a smaller portion and if you're really stressed out about it, avoid creamy things/sugarry things.