I'm spillin the beans!

AnonymousAnne
AnonymousAnne Posts: 25
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
Hi all!

I'm fairly new to these kinds of things, but I feel like I would really benefit from a support group.

So here is my story,

I'm 5'10 and when I weighed in this morning I was 195lbs. I've never been this heavy before.
I've tried just about every diet out there and I'm only 25. Fasting, no carb, low carb, high protein, Weight Watchers, Dr Bernstein - you name it. But sadly I've failed at them all. Every night or so I'll tell myself that this was the last day, and tomorrow I will begin the diet. And sometimes I do. But everything seems to crumble around day 2 or 3. The only thing that ever really worked was.. well... me. Me really wanting to lose weight. And I did - 30lbs. (I went from 180lbs to 150 in 6months)

It was fantastic! And then I went away for the summer. Europe for 4 months. That was pretty much the end of it. Pizza and Gelato in Italy, Ice cream in Amsterdam, croissants in Paris, SWISS chocolate. How could I travel to these beautiful places and not indulge in the food?? I came back at 175lb and I've been running down hill ever since. Bottoming out at 195 (emphasis on BOTTOM.)

And I just can't do it anymore. I used to eat for the immediate high, almost like... eating to make myself feel better for being overweight. (running in circles I know) When the chips and candies and chocolates just weren't working anymore - not giving me that high. I realized it when I was in the store looking for something to snack on. A bag of chips maybe or some chocolates... I just didn't want them. I really.. was just uninterested in any kind of sweet, salty, carby snack. And that was it. And that was yesterday.
Today was miserable. I had some sweets still but mostly out blind habit, or some vain hope that a cookie would make me feel better - If only for a minute.

I hope tomorrow will be better.

Anyway, I'm just yabering on now. I'm sure I've lost half of you. I just wanted to introduce myself and explain my situation.

I look forward to chatting with you all!

Annie

Replies

• Hi all!

I'm fairly new to these kinds of things, but I feel like I would really benefit from a support group.

So here is my story,

I'm 5'10 and when I weighed in this morning I was 195lbs. I've never been this heavy before.
    I've tried just about every diet out there and I'm only 25. Fasting, no carb, low carb, high protein, Weight Watchers, Dr Bernstein - you name it. But sadly I've failed at them all. Every night or so I'll tell myself that this was the last day, and tomorrow I will begin the diet. And sometimes I do. But everything seems to crumble around day 2 or 3. The only thing that ever really worked was.. well... me. Me really wanting to lose weight. And I did - 30lbs. (I went from 180lbs to 150 in 6months)

It was fantastic! And then I went away for the summer. Europe for 4 months. That was pretty much the end of it. Pizza and Gelato in Italy, Ice cream in Amsterdam, croissants in Paris, SWISS chocolate. How could I travel to these beautiful places and not indulge in the food?? I came back at 175lb and I've been running down hill ever since. Bottoming out at 195 (emphasis on BOTTOM.)

And I just can't do it anymore. I used to eat for the immediate high, almost like... eating to make myself feel better for being overweight. (running in circles I know) When the chips and candies and chocolates just weren't working anymore - not giving me that high. I realized it when I was in the store looking for something to snack on. A bag of chips maybe or some chocolates... I just didn't want them. I really.. was just uninterested in any kind of sweet, salty, carby snack. And that was it. And that was yesterday.
    Today was miserable. I had some sweets still but mostly out blind habit, or some vain hope that a cookie would make me feel better - If only for a minute.

I hope tomorrow will be better.

Anyway, I'm just yabering on now. I'm sure I've lost half of you. I just wanted to introduce myself and explain my situation.

I look forward to chatting with you all!

Annie
  • Mufasa0331
    Mufasa0331 Posts: 334 Member
    Oh sister if I was at your weight I'd be thrilled lol...but I completely feel you. I am 5'11 and half...and I just got out of the 220s...

I know the feeling when foods dont satisfy you and they make you feel like crap.

Ihope everything works out for you...just start off slow and pick up the pace when you get into the swing of things... this is a fabulous site with tons of insight, support and motivation.

good luck!
  • I swear the only thing thats saving me is my height!

Thanks!
  • lynniejones
    lynniejones Posts: 1,291 Member
    Oh sweeties I only wish I had your height! I am 4 foot 11 (and I like to say three quarters, but who am I kiddin'.) At 171 pounds I am shortround. :laugh: But, it's gettin' better I just FINALLY completed the first level of the 30 day Shred. Yes, it took me 3 days to finally get through it for the entire time but I did it!
  • ooooh congrats lynnie!

I would die to be your weight for even a moment.

Isn't it funny how when you look back, I thought I was sooo fat (I hate that word) when I was 175. and now I could only dream. Well, hopefully not for long.

We never want what he have, always what we had. what someone else has.
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member

We never want what he have, always what we had. what someone else has.

So true so true:ohwell:
    Welcome:flowerforyou:

-Adrienne:heart:
  • MollySue30
    MollySue30 Posts: 288 Member
    I would so love to get on the scale and be under 200lbs. This is the heaviest I have ever been in my whole life. I have two kids and alot of stress...it does get the best of me sometimes.

I just thought I would say think of it as a journey not a diet. That is what I have to think is that my journey is the best thing that has happend to me. I have my ups and downs but it does get easier each day.

Just take it one day at a time and it does get better. Promise, just make sure you log all of your food and exercise and it does work.

Have a great night.

Molly:heart:
  • Thanks Molly.

Yes, I will try not to use the evil diet word.

I like th idea of a journey.
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    I too had a revelation one day and from that day on I have been on this life changing experience. I started October 4th and I have lost 16lbs. since then. You can do this if you put your mind to it and say are these calories really worth it and if you are low on calories and know you're going to want something exercise so you can eat those calories. I think this is what has truelly helped me.

Good Luck!!!:flowerforyou:
  • emorym
    emorym Posts: 344
    I have been thinking about the word Diet alot lately. I have decided that everyone who eats food is on a diet. My dog is on a dog food diet ,and I am on a people food diet.:smile: I am trying to change my thinking from diet to healthy food. The word diet has such negative connotations when it really means just the food we eat. I am trying to eat healthier food choices. Now I have a couple hundred calories left for a snack tonight I just need to chose wisely.
  • Hey welcome :flowerforyou: I am also new to this site. I have been struggling since the age of 10 to lose weight and have failed but I am determined to make it happen more than ever now. I am currently at 204 at the moment and can't wait to get back into the 190's.
This discussion has been closed.