How amazing is my wife???

Options
mikeyrp
mikeyrp Posts: 1,616 Member
Just to prove to the world how trivial my marathon challenge is, my wife (Sally Pollock) is doing this next year. Article from The Milton Keynes Citizen, 24/8/2011.

MKCitizen%2525204Aug%2525202011.jpg

Replies

• kaitlynnesmommy
    kaitlynnesmommy Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    That is amazing. Thank you for sharing!
  • Tracey_Tee
    Tracey_Tee Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Fabulous ! You must be very proud of her ..... and your marathon challenge sounds anything but trivial lol !

Thanks for sharing this !
  • ShrinkingNinja
    ShrinkingNinja Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Your Wife = My Hero
  • JenniferAutumn
    JenniferAutumn Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Amazing. You must be very proud!
  • SunLove8
    SunLove8 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    What an very admirable thing to do! I wish more people would do these types of things. Even just walking for a cause can make a huge diffence in someone's lives. I love how you posted this and I hope people get inspired by it. You have a beautiful wife, of course I don't need to tell you that. :smile:
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    That's incredible! You have an amazing wife :)
  • nadiaez
    nadiaez Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Your wife really is amazing, what a total inspiration! Please wish her lots and lots of luck
  • mikeyrp
    Options
    Its a bit hard to read - so here's the original picture and the text...

Gambia.jpg

OLNEY-BASED midwives Sally Pollock and Lisa Fox are planning to embark on an incredible journey next year to raise money for Maternity Worldwide. They will be cycling across Ethiopia and then offering their services within a local maternity unit.
    The cycle ride begins from the capital of Ethiopia, Addis Ababa and they will cycle approximately 350km over six days though the mountainous region of Oromia.

“I offered my midwifery services in The Gambia five years ago...l can’t wait to see what has improved and changed in Africa, but it’s astonishing how much they need our help. This is such a worthy cause and the challenge of a lifetime!” said Sally, pictured left.

Maternity Worldwide is working to reduce mortality associated with childbirth in developing countries. This is through deployment of medical and midwifery staff, subsidy of patient care for those most in need and advocacy within the developed
    world.

Figures show one in 20 women ¡n Africa die in pregnancy, compared to one in 3,000 in the UK.
    Sally and Lisa have started to place collection buckets around Olney and will be planning lots of fundraising events.

You can donate at www.justgiving.com/sallypollock or www.justgiving.com/Iisajfox
  • mikeyrp
    Options
    Almost forgot... She has a blog too if anyone is interested....

http://midwives-in-ethiopia.blogspot.com/
  • LoveDLady
    LoveDLady Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    That's so awesome!!! Your wife really is amazing :)
  • Mios3
    Mios3 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    That is incredible!! She is an amazing woman!
  • lizzys
    lizzys Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    she inspiring,the bady she"s holding is beautiful
    123456654321 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Thanks for the blog link too. That will be interesting to read about I'm sure!
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    That's what I call a power couple
  • TheNewLK
    TheNewLK Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    Thats amazing!! Odd yall have my maiden name
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    AMAZING! Midwives rule! Midwives who give so selflessly SUPER DUPER RULE x10,000!
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Very cool!! :heart:
  • iAMaPhoenix
    iAMaPhoenix Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Which one is your wife...Is it Sally Pollock or Lisa Fox. I would like to donate a little bit to help.
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Such a beautiful and selfless thing she is doing.
  • BAMA66
    BAMA66 Posts: 240
    Options
    That's awesome, she sounds like a great person.