can anyone recommend a good protein drink? no added sugar

Options
hey everyone, my husband suggested i probably wasn't getting enough protein after my workouts... i am only doing jillian's 30 day shred, occasionally followed up with 20 minutes of extra cardio so nothing huge, but maybe he's right?

is there a protein drink out there that doesn't have any added sugar that would be a good recovery drink? thanks so much for looking! i'd like to try to keep it under or around 200 calories....

Replies

• kathyhull
    kathyhull Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I like EAS AdvantEDGE shakes - 110 calories, 17 grams of protein, come in little cartons you can take with you.
  • sarahlong09
    Options
    Herbalife has a Beverage Drink Mix in Wild Berry & Peach Mango... 15g protien per 8oz and 70 cals... no sugar!! Really refreshing as well!

***********ADD
    its also a water like substance.. it helps you get your ounces and its not as filling as a shake if you want to have a meal other than a shake after your workout.

Herbalife also has shakes that you can customize your protien on.
  • Metalhead187
    Options
    I like Optimum Nutririon Natural Whey protein. It taste pretty good.
  • MonolithTMA
    MonolithTMA Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    This is what I use, if you don't mind sucralose/Splenda: http://eas.com/product/100-pct-whey-protein-powder
  • margieward82
    margieward82 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    We love love love the BioTest products! I drink the low carb one, but they have quite a few varieties to meet your needs... So yummy!
  • mjgregg12
    Options
    Syntrax makes great protein drinks. 23 g of protein and it is recommended for weight loss surgery patients.
  • brandelynh
    brandelynh Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I've been using GNC's AMP Whey Extreme 60 for a few years now. I only use one scoop in my shakes even though the serving size is 3 scoops. This works well for me. One scoop is 94 calories, 20 grams of protein, .5 grams of sugar.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    I'm not a huge fan of artificial shakes, and protein after a workout is only REALLY important if its a strength or muscle building workout - after cardio, you need some good carbs.

But extra protein is always good - have a hard boiled egg, some peanut butter, cottage cheese, or a slice of ham.
  • editara13
    editara13 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    How about milk :-) I love milk :-) and I drink 3-4 glasses per day :-)

3574379.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • KristaWeiss
    KristaWeiss Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Best one I have found is from Sam's Club by Premier. I get the chocolate and there is 30g of protein and only 1g of sugar. No grit or funky taste, just like drinking chocolate milk.
  • stylinfitkatie
    stylinfitkatie Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I like Herballife's Protein Drinks, you can add fruit and other things to them and they keep you pretty full.
  • PZlady
    PZlady Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Secure from AllCaps Laboratories is wonderfully yummy and only 70 calories, 7 g protein - no unwanted additives. I add milk (adding to the calories) because I like a rich drink. I like the coffee flavor, my daughter prefers the chocolate. Here's the link if you're interested: http://www.procapslabs.com/Products/SearchResults.aspx?input=secure&sid=Alpha
  • sbruner
    sbruner Posts: 1
    Options
    I don't know if you've heard of Arbonne, but they have an incredible protein shake. Its gluten, vegan, and soy free. It's protein comes from cranberry, rice and peas. So no soy or whey protein. It is also artificial sweetener free which is such an important thing. Artificial sweeteners are neuro toxins and very bad for you. Its sweetened with Stevia, which is a natural calorie free sugar. It comes in two flavors vanilla or chocolate. You can get it already mixed in ready to drink shakes or just the powder. If you're looking for an after workout drink, I'd recommend the ready to drink. They're great right out of the fridge after a hard workout. You can check out more info on Arbonne and the protein powder at www.sherrybruner.myarbonne.com. The tab called Arbonne Essentials talks about their healthy living line. You can order directly from that website. Hope that helps!! Good luck!
  • mnmkelley
    Options
    I use the Body by Vi shake. I can make them any flavor and mix the powder with water or milk depending. Only 7 carbs per two scoops. You can check it out at www.marykelly.myvi.net. I've been using them as a meal replacement twice a day and have lost over 30 lbs. Alot of athletes and body builders (Hulk Hogan) use the shake to build lean muscle mass. The protein is a patented tri-sorb proteing. Really good/health/natural stuff.
  • deenna
    deenna Posts: 1
    Options
    Check out this out!!

http://myshakeology.com/esuite/home/mikedeen

I drink Shakeology on a daily basis.....It might be a great addition to your protein/vitamin intake!

It is the most amazing shake!! My favorite flavor is Chocolate...it satisfies my chocolate fix and gives me more energy and has helped me be the healthiest I have ever been!!!
  • muitobem
    muitobem Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I love Atkins High Protein/Low Carb and VERY low sugar...the sugar content is like 1-2 grams per serving...And they actually TASTE good!!!