"Puppy fat" needs to go

Hi everyone! Newbie here :)

The main reason I've joined is that I've decided that now's the time for a change! I'm 19 years old, and am overweight. My mum is convinced it's "puppy fat", but I know it's not. Things started to get out of control when I started uni, freshman 15 and all.

Anyone got similar experiences to me? It'd be great to meet people who feel the same way

Replies

• moriaht
    moriaht Posts: 251 Member
    I'm 19 too and going to uni this year! My goal is to do the freshmen -15! lol!
  • BaronessBlixen
    BaronessBlixen Posts: 56 Member
    I never had the typical "freshman fifteen" thing (probably because I didn't drink in college and tried my best to eat sensibly), but I did gain a few pounds that came right back off after I graduated. It's just the lifestyle - inconsistent schedule, night eating, etc. And eating right is especially hard if your dining hall was as awful as mine!

My best advice: When going to the dining hall, try not to gravitate toward the fries just because there's no other option (as a lot of my friends did). Look around and see what you can put together yourself. I lived on cold cuts and kept my fluid intake to mostly water. And watch the cereals like Trix and Lucky Charms! Also - NIGHT EATING was something I did constantly in my dorm while studying or bored. Try to buy healthy staples, not nachos and sour cream to keep around. :)