Huuuuge NSV!!!!

Options
MsKeelah919
MsKeelah919 Posts: 332 Member
First off...I HATE shopping. I do. I avoid it all costs. Why? Because nothing ever fits. I never feel attractive and I HATE to see the numbers on the clohtes that actually DO fit properly. Its not fun to me to try on BIG clothes and still have to suck in, turn to the left and bend over backwards to make it 'work'. This has been the state of affairs for the past 15 years.

I woke up feeling DEEEFLATED. I started the 30 DS on July 8th. and I took a few progress pics...just to see what changes I've made...... NONE!!!
Nothing looks different. Mind you, I'm doing the Natalie for all but two exercises. My stamina and strength are THROUGH the roof...but due to daily TREATS...the scale or my inches are NOT reflecting that...:(

So I feel terrible. My honey tries to point out a n area that seems smaller to him, bu too late...I SUCK!!

Fast Forward to lunch time. I shop for a dress to attend a wedding. I'm not looking forward to this...

On a whim, I take into the fitting room about 12 dresses all size 14. (dont know if that was denial or wishful thinking) I expect that at least one of these (one of the blousier ones with rouching) will look decent enough. ...

How about EVERY.SINGLE.DRESS fit like a GLOVE!!!!????? Different styles, different cuts, different lengths, different hem lines...didnt really matter much. Not only did I fit them all, but they all looked STUNNING!!!!!

For the first time in 15 years, I have been able to choose what I purchased based on what I 'WANTED', and not just what was the lesser of evils!!!

And the best part, my silhouette is smooth. No body shapers needed!! OMG!! I also tried on a fitted dress size LARGE and I looked HOT if I must say so myself. I havent felt this in FOREVER!!!!

I cried. It was OVERWHELMING!! I couldnt WAIT to come and share with you all....

I guess there are always different ways to measure your progress, and I must say... looking and feeling great in your clothes...OF A NORMAL SIZE is wonderful!!

Signing off...

Enjoy your day all! And yes, my motivation is BACK!!!!

Replies

• MaxandHenrysMom
    MaxandHenrysMom Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I LOVED reading this post! Congratulations. There is nothing better than looking in the mirror and liking how you look. Good job!
  • AudgePaudge
    AudgePaudge Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh, you almost made me cry!! That is such an overwhelming and amazing feeling!! Great job!!!!
  • FifiLea
    FifiLea Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I am so happy for you! That is wonderful and even better as it was such a surprise!! :happy:

Proof that what we're doing here works - even if it doesn't seem to work as soon as we'd like it to! :drinker:
  • mfkfoster
    mfkfoster Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You must feel awesome!
  • Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,300 Member
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS!
  • Heatherjg0419
    Heatherjg0419 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    So awesome!!! Congratulations!
  • thetrishwarp
    thetrishwarp Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! This is fantastic - I'm so happy for you that you not only accomplished this, but clearly feel GREAT about yourself! Keep it up!
  • captnesshowdy7
    Options
    Congrats! Now dry those tears and rock it out!
  • Kimbie500
    Kimbie500 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    What a great feeling!! Thank you for sharing. Enjoy rocking that wedding in that hot dress!
  • MichaelaaJ
    MichaelaaJ Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Good for you! Thank you for sharing! That must have been an AWESOME FEELING. We all dread the dressing rooms and shopping for new clothes..

I look forward to experiencing the same.. Just think.. Now you won't be able to decide what to wear because of TOO MANY options.. Looking good in everything = tough life ;) LOL

Congrats again!
  • LoveMy3Boys
    LoveMy3Boys Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic! I love shopping and then I try clothes on and face that dressing room mirror. Congrats on getting the dress you wanted!
  • dragonflydi
    dragonflydi Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    That is so INCREDIBLE!!! There is nothing like having choices because they all fit just right and not having to take 'what ever fits best ... but still not quite right'. That means that you are getting results, even if you aren't seeing them yet. Stick with it. I did that video myself in a challenge last month and while I only lost 4 lbs, I lost over 8" all over. If you're dedicated, you will continue to celebrate these types of wonderful victories!
  • TCB2day
    TCB2day Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! And thanks for sharing; it helps to inspire me to keep working towards my goal.

8604034.png
  • Kazimira
    Kazimira Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Very inspiring to someone lacking motivation lately! Congratulations on your hard work paying off! Absolutely beautiful :flowerforyou:
  • kmart20
    kmart20 Posts: 72
    Options
    awesome posted, loved reading it! and congrats all your hard work is paying off even if you don't see it on the scale!
  • mayflowerak
    Options
    that is awesome! I can only imagine how excited you are:-) Congrats!!! Good job!
  • sharesb
    sharesb Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    congrats!! great victory!! keep it up ! ♥
  • dosesr4winners20
    Options
    I love <3333 this NSV! congrats girl and keep it up you look hot!!!!!!!!
  • FatUncleRob
    Options
    Congratulations!! :flowerforyou:
  • JDArrant
    JDArrant Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I'm a total sucker for a well-fitted outfit/dress, you must feel amazing.

I have to say that I'm on the other hand of the shopping spectrum - a shopaholic. So now I'm losing all this weight and can't force myself to buy anything that'll fit correctly because I'm certain that I'll go overboard and spend too much and then have to replace it in a few months. (I did go buy new running shorts and bras, they were becoming less than effective at their respective jobs!)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!