Polar FT4 or MIO??

Options
I've heard great things about the polar FT4, but the MIO Drive + also counts calories burned AND doesn't need a chest strap. Seems easier to just have to wear the watch...anyone have experience with these?? Does the chest strap slip and is it annoying with the Polar???

Replies

• Crooks0204
    Crooks0204 Posts: 189
    Options
    I have used both. The MIO is not accurate. I love my Polar FT4. The chest strap doesnt bother me at all. (And I really thought it would) Best wishes on your goals!
  • ukhennin
    ukhennin Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    The chest strap is what gives you the accuracy. I wouldn't bother with a hrm that didn't have a chest strap.
  • cheddarboy
    cheddarboy Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I know polar is a trusted brand and alot of people will have positive comments about them.

I actually have a chest strap monitor - timex and a mio drive. I was able to compare the 2, and they were almost identical. I tend to gravitate towards the mio more and more, as I can use it as a regular watch - then light it up if i'm hiking or something without having to worry about the strap.
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    I personally have no experience with the MIO nor have I heard of it. . . Most peole here us a polar ft4 or ft7 and love them. . . I have a Sportline with a cheststrap and love it. . .

The only way to get a truly accurate reading is with the cheststrap. . . That seems to be the over all concensus.

Good luck.
  • Chika_2015
    Chika_2015 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I have a chest strap and i can barely feel it. It goes under the breast bone, so it's like it's a part of your sports bra. I have a freinds that has one withough the chest strap and it's never accurate. I say go for the Polar, it would be your best bet.
    Good Luck
    ~Chika
  • LMStark
    LMStark Posts: 150
    Options
    I have the Polar Ft4 and I really love it. I am not sure about one without a chest strap. I don't mind my polar strap, because it is nice and soft. I place it under the base of my sport bra and don't even notice it.
  • jldaley09
    jldaley09 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I love my Polar.. I don't even notice the chest strap is there...
  • cjjones007
    cjjones007 Posts: 602
    Options
    The chest strap is what gives you the accuracy. I wouldn't bother with a hrm that didn't have a chest strap.

Ditto here - I love my FT4 - and ALWAYS use the chest strap
  • MFPfriend
    MFPfriend Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    The chest strap is the most important part, it is what gives you have accurate count. If the heart rate monitor doesn't come with a chest strap, don't buy it!
  • yeabby
    yeabby Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    In my experience using a MIO was less accurate than my Polar.
  • Hourglass25
    Hourglass25 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I love my Polar ft4 , no the chest strap does not slide down, actually I hardly even know its there.
  • MamaJilldo
    MamaJilldo Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I guess polar ft4 it is. I appreciate all the feedback!!
  • bzmom
    bzmom Posts: 1,332 Member
    Options
    I just bought my Polar FT7 and used it for the first time Monday and I TOTALLY agree love it!!! you will not feel the strap and its adjusable and sort of like a band it stretches and fits perfect no matter the size!