New here myself

psantacruz
psantacruz Posts: 71 Member
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
Hi, all!

Just wanted to say hi. I just joined yesterday because I want to learn some new tips and stratagies.

This summer, I was tired of telling myself that I NEEDED to lose weight, and so I decided to do something about it. I bought a Wii Fit, which kinda kick-started me into this. Since July 28th, I've lost 55 pounds. I started at 275, my last weigh-in was 220. I'd like to get down to 175 (mainly to see if I can!).

The Wii Fit was great because not only did it get me started, but it allowed me to track my progress. I use it every day for weigh-ins (haven't missed a day in 15 weeks or so), but I've since graduated to walking and using an exercise bike. I love exercising, and now I'm looking at taking it to the next step, since the Wii Fit has become too easy. I've planning to start using the weights and machines at my local community center to bring up the intensity of my workouts.

Anyway, thanks for listening. I'm looking forward to learning a lot from you guys!

Replies

• psantacruz
    Hi, all!

Just wanted to say hi. I just joined yesterday because I want to learn some new tips and stratagies.

This summer, I was tired of telling myself that I NEEDED to lose weight, and so I decided to do something about it. I bought a Wii Fit, which kinda kick-started me into this. Since July 28th, I've lost 55 pounds. I started at 275, my last weigh-in was 220. I'd like to get down to 175 (mainly to see if I can!).

The Wii Fit was great because not only did it get me started, but it allowed me to track my progress. I use it every day for weigh-ins (haven't missed a day in 15 weeks or so), but I've since graduated to walking and using an exercise bike. I love exercising, and now I'm looking at taking it to the next step, since the Wii Fit has become too easy. I've planning to start using the weights and machines at my local community center to bring up the intensity of my workouts.

Anyway, thanks for listening. I'm looking forward to learning a lot from you guys!
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Welcome!:drinker: :happy:
    You're well on your way....sounds like you've lost a fair bit already:drinker: , & now working your way up in workout intensity.... you're doing awesome! Keep it up... Great support here:drinker:

Weights will really help out when you add those in like you spoke of as well....it adds a whole new dimension to workouts!

I too love working out....it's become my passion:heart: ........lucky me I know! Not everyone can say they like to go workout.....:laugh:
  • psantacruz
    Thanks. The kind words always work wonders!

I'm mainly looking for infomation on toning and building muscle. I've had a gut for most of my adult life, and I really want to get rid of it!
This discussion has been closed.