Clif energy Bars

Options
I find myself enjoying 1/2 Clif bar for my afternoon snack, the only problem is they are high in sugars and calories for one small bar. Does anyone have a recipe to make them homemade and healthier :smile:

Replies

• barbiex3
    barbiex3 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    lol i dont think they are high in calories or sugar.. but no i don't know a recipe. I know you can get lower cal granola bars. Special k have 90. They are pretty good
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    how about make a 1-scoop or 1/2-scoop whey drink and have a bit of oatmeal with it?
  • springtrio
    springtrio Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I'd just avoid them all together. If you need them for endurance related activity just bring yourself healthy snacks along (chick peas, lentils, apple, etc.) you can keep cool. Learned a long time ago energy bars aren't a nessesity. Sorry no recipe though for them. :)
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    I avoid the cliff bars too. they're really geared for qucik fuel that's gonna be burned during an activity. Also, I think they're expensive.

Here's my "trail mix": cheerios + craisins + almonds.

Replace craisins for raisins to reduce sugar.
    Replace almonds for walnuts for Omega 3.

My kids eat this up like crazy, too. I pack these away in tupperware and grab a few of these before I head out for work.
  • amyjthomas
    Options
    thanks.. It sounds good.