I need to eat more, but I'm not hungry.

Options
2»

Replies

• AimGal
    AimGal Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I also have/had EDNOS. Formerly anorexic and bulimic (25 years ago!) and now just fat after a long term illness where I was on high doses of prednisone. It's been a lifelong struggle to get to a decent relationship with food. Like someone said above, I find that routines and planned meals help. Eating the same thing for breakfast or lunch, at the same time, will help. After the gym I always have a protein shake: 1 scoop protein powder, 2T PB2 or almond butter, 1 cup frozen berries, 1 cup coconut water, 1T chia seeds or flax seeds. Blend. It tastes like a berry milkshake but way more nutritious.

Good fats are your friend. They'll make your skin and hair so happy! Plus they're good for your heart. It sounds like you're not eating much fat. I'd add that in first if you can. Nuts, avocados, olives or olive oil, chia or flax seeds (whole) etc.

My other trick is to get obsessed about something else. I'm really into skin care and hair care. It's something I can be perfectionistic and OCD about without hurting myself.

Hang in there. If you need help or support, holler.