Any Homeschooling moms out there

Options
2»

Replies

• JEK717
    JEK717 Posts: 1,497
    Options
    I was home schooled for a few years and i say GOOD FOR YOU!!! I was stuck at home...had to do school when my step wanted. If she got busy i got behind.

Sounds like you are making sure they do it but ALSO so its not killing them! So i say A++ to you!
  • angijunbug
    angijunbug Posts: 205
    Options
    I am a homeschooling mom! We live in Knoxville, TN. My son is 7 & he is going into 2nd grade. I bought all of his curriculum this year already. My daughter is 3 & I am going to purchase the Horizon's preschool curriculum for her when we get back from our first time ever Disney vacation. We start kind of later here. I will start them on the 27th of September & we'll do school until about June 20th or so to get our days in & our work finished. I just printed out my marking periods, attendance, daily grades, & report card spread sheets. We have some new desks to sand down & refinish too so we need to start a bit later. What are "unschoolers"? I have never heard of this before.
  • change_happens
    Options
    Are you ready to start? I don't need to ask but are kiddo's ready?

We started early last year and work really hard over the winter (we live in MI, we had alot of snow). We like to take advantage of the sunshine and warmth while we can. We stay to oursevles during the "school year". We still have regualr activities that we do but we live in the city so not alot of kids around here. Just being nosey.:blushing:

I love homeschooling :)