Battling the deliciousness of fruit

Options
Damn this delicious fruit season! I had oatmeal for breakfast. After that, all I've eaten is red seedless grapes. I'm soooo over my sugar. I'm putting the grapes away but I do hear them still calling me. For dinner, I'll have a piece of salmon and a salad. I'm really under my calories but all that sugar will make up for it. 

P. S. I can't wait to go to bed and wake up to grapes!

Replies

• MacguyverMommy
    MacguyverMommy Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    LOL!! waking up to grapes sounds hysterical. I understand though.. I am a sucker for all summer fruits. Cherries and causing me to go broke! Why are they always so expensive??? :p
  • natskedat
    natskedat Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    As long as you're avoiding refined sugars from processed foods, you can enjoy an abundance of fruits and vegetables. Worry less about the number and more about the source.
  • jchester71
    jchester71 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Don't worry to much about it if it is a one day thing. The bottom line is calories in and calories out. Once your body converts the caloric energy to glycol, it doesn't know differentiate between them.
  • grandalusion
    Options
    Hey! Be happy that you are craving fruit and not cookies. As long as you don't have an insulin problem, sugars from fruits are ok. Just be sure that you are eating enough green veggies and you will be great! Try blending fresh fruit with the veggies. So healthy, sweet, and delish!
  • GypsyRose25
    Options
    You should just stop tracking the sugar. As long as you aren't eating refined sugar, being over your sugar limit doesn't matter all that much.
  • CaptainAmerica1970
    Options
    eat the fruit...not the refined sugar.