Hello :smile: (and questions)

Options
:smile:

I just wanted to introduce myself. I'm fairy new to MFP, having just started using it last week to track my food. My main motivation for loosing weight and getting in shape is that I am getting married next June. I'm marrying a wonderful guy who loves me just the way I am now, but I want to look at my wedding pictures and be happy and proud of how good I look in them, instead of just seeing fat.

I'm 5'1 and about 180 (I don't often weigh myself, but did about 3 weeks ago, and this is where I was). I would like to loose 25lbs by the end of the year and 40lbs by my wedding in June. But I'm much more concerned with doing everything I can to eat right and workout. If I know I've done what I can, then I don't really care about the actual numbers.

Right now I'm trying to eat around 1200 calories a day. I do Hot Yoga about 3-4 times a week. And I'm on week 2 of Couch to 5K, so I'm trying to run 3-4 times a week. I've been doing some small weights (5lbs) to work my upper arms since they have to look good in the dress. I've also ordered the 30 day shred to give that a try.

So, my questions. How soon should i start having visible results? I realize it's only been about 2 weeks since I really started, but I know the sooner I start seeing results the more I'll be motivated to keep working and work harder. Also, is the exercise I'm doing enough? I like hot yoga because it feels good to do all the stretching, and I sweat like crazy, but am I burning the calories (I count it as about 200 burned for an hr)?? Is the running/walking enough cardio when combined with the yoga?

Thanks for reading this.

Replies

• bklyngirl71
    bklyngirl71 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard. Add in some cardio. Also, make sure u get in your water
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    Personally, i don't believe in the '' i want to loose x amount of weight in y amount of time'' sort of attitude. If you eat right and exercise routinely, what possible harm can become of it?!!

As for when will you start to notice results..it happens when it happens, and when it does, you will feel great!!! this isn't necessarily a drop in weight from the scales, but also from old clothes being too big for you and compliments on your appearance.

I'd strongly encourage you to continue this lifestyle well after your ''end point'' of the wedding day.
  • DuretteBodybuilding
    Options
    Im new to myfitnesspal, im still trying to figure out how to use this.
  • SmartFunGorgeous
    SmartFunGorgeous Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Your C25K is cardio, and since it increases in intensity from week to week, it is FANTASTIC. Keep the yoga, because it will def burn calories and tone. Definitely drink your water. I've found that it has the added benefit of making my skin radiant, and every bride wants that! :love:

Go with MFP's guide on calories, because you don't want to go too low. Congrats on your engagement, and good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • AlmostMrsP
    AlmostMrsP Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I should have posted that I am drinking a LOT of water. Usually get my 8 glasses a day in and then some. The by product of being bored in class and having only my water bottle to distract me.