Drink Beer for the Calories?

Options
2»

Replies

• mrshickey
    mrshickey Posts: 239
    Options
    I recognise that this is a lifestyle change- however I don't plan to give up alcohol for the rest of my life. im still losing weight, maybe not as fast as id like but im just impatient. Have a drink if you want one, enjoy it, and if its under your calories goal, even better.

cheers!!
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    I like my calorie free vices :smokin: *wink nudge* lol
  • gavini
    gavini Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    there have been many studies showing positive health benefits from daily but small alcohol usage so for many people there is no reason you have to give up the beer when you get home or the wine with dinner, you just need to contain it to that one or if you are a bigger person perhaps two drinks to maintain the positives
  • brewingaz
    brewingaz Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Dark beer generally has the same health benefits as a glass of wine does, but with less alcohol than wine. Alcohol does slow down fat metabolism, but still has health benefits when enjoyed in moderation. Drink up!
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    Remember, it's YOUR life. You can do what you want to, or not, YOUR choice. I personally have cut back considerably on my alcohol intake, but still put the lampshade on my head occasionally. It's true it will slow your metabolism down some. The trick is to get your metabolism ramped up so a drink won't have that much of an effect. If you like, I'll write you a note giving you permission to have a beer. I'm really nice like that. :drinker:
  • elliecolorado
    elliecolorado Posts: 1,040
    Options
    I drink beer a few times a week and to be honest I use my 'exercise calories' for beer. I hardly ever eat my exercise calories, but if I do it's usually for beer and it hasn't slowed down my weight loss at all, well maybe it has, but not enough to care, I still lose about 2-3lbs a week. I gave up alcohol for a while, but then I realized that it wasn't realistic for me to never drink again. I drink less than I used to but I still drink a couple of times a week.
  • rose313
    rose313 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    I drink a light beer a day, but I cut out hard liquor and mixed drinks about a year ago. It works for me.
  • rschmmidt
    rschmmidt Posts: 296
    Options
    I like my calorie free vices :smokin: *wink nudge* lol

Space Needle, you're in my neighborhood!
  • rschmmidt
    rschmmidt Posts: 296
    Options
    Thank you everybody for your responses. It makes sense to me now. All things in moderation, of course, but I was only seeing the calories and nutrients and not thinking about what it does to your metabolism.
    I appreciate your feedback.
    Good luck to you all in meeting your goals! Cheers! :drinker: