This is why I LOVE Zumba

Options
jwaters1006
jwaters1006 Posts: 136 Member
I've been doing it routinely for 3 weeks now. I didn;t do any measurements until week 2 but in 1 week I lost a total of 8.5 " including 2" in the chest, 3" off the waist, and 1/2" off each arm and the legs slimmed too! I was so surprised I even made my husband measure twice in case he did it wrong!

PLUS I love the fact on my "days off" I'm yearning to do it. After 3 weeks I haven't quit yet!

Replies

• LilSomethin
    LilSomethin Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Way to go!! That's how I lost my weight. I've been doing Zumba for sixteen months now and am still not bored lol
  • jodieunited
    jodieunited Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    how many times a week do you do it?
  • sabified
    sabified Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    Good job :) Great to hear that it's working out well for you!
  • methetree
    methetree Posts: 381
    Options
    gonna have to get me some Zumba... looks fun... heard lotsa good things... must do it!
  • wriglucy
    wriglucy Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    Ok...I know this is off topic for this...but, am I the only one who doesn't like Zumba? I had the DVD's and ended up selling them on ebay.

I love that you all love it! And I wish I could too! Do you take a class? Is that what makes it different?
  • Edithrenee
    Edithrenee Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    How many calories do you burn on it do you know? Im only 5 1 so i wonder if it will burn alot i did the class a couple of times it was fun.
  • GreenSkinnyJeans
    GreenSkinnyJeans Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!
    Keep it up : 3.
    This encourages me to keep up my dancing for weight loss : D
  • candb
    candb Posts: 238
    Options
    Fantastic! I'm actually doing an hour of Zumba on my rest day each week. LOL. It is so fun and addicting.
  • MrsBrit2007
    Options
    Yay Zumba!! I've been doing it for about 6 months now, (as my primary source of exercise) and I've lost about 25lbs and 19.5 inches!

Great job!!
  • ANeWcRe8N
    ANeWcRe8N Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    Ok...I know this is off topic for this...but, am I the only one who doesn't like Zumba? I had the DVD's and ended up selling them on ebay.

I love that you all love it! And I wish I could too! Do you take a class? Is that what makes it different?

I borrowed the dvds from my sister and only like one of them lol (well the older set anyway) but I have the zumba wii and i love it.. fun, goes by fast, and doesn't feel like working out. Im hoping to take a class soon since they look really fun too.
  • MrsBrit2007
    Options

The DVDs are my least favorite form of Zumba. The classes are a lot more fun, and the videos that I've found on youtube are more fun to do than the DVDs.
    Have you tried looking up some different routines on youtube?
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Congrats. That's exactly why I love it too!! The weight just falls off and it's so much fun I don't have to talk myself into doing it. I do it after work, and around 4:00 I'm already starting to thing about which songs I'll do tonight (I used DVDs). Love it, love it, love it!!
  • ANeWcRe8N
    ANeWcRe8N Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    I've been doing it routinely for 3 weeks now. I didn;t do any measurements until week 2 but in 1 week I lost a total of 8.5 " including 2" in the chest, 3" off the waist, and 1/2" off each arm and the legs slimmed too! I was so surprised I even made my husband measure twice in case he did it wrong!

PLUS I love the fact on my "days off" I'm yearning to do it. After 3 weeks I haven't quit yet!

Congrats!!! That is really awesome.. I love zumba!! :smile:
  • LilSomethin
    LilSomethin Posts: 545 Member
    Options

I use the DVDs and LOVE it!!!!
  • jwaters1006
    Options

I've owned it for over a year now. The turning point for me was the "Zumba Live" dvd. once I did that I was hooked, not sure why. I haven't taken a class yet because I still stumble through, but one of these days!
  • rubysparkle
    rubysparkle Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I really want to get the DVD's but i am not sure which ones are the best - there doesnt seem to just be one that I can just buy and start they are all multi buys.

I don't have a class near me that I can join but i do think this form of exercise would be fun and would help get rid of my mid section along with running.
  • jwaters1006
    Options
    How many calories do you burn on it do you know? Im only 5 1 so i wonder if it will burn alot i did the class a couple of times it was fun.

I burn anywhere from 400-1000 calories depending on which dvd I do. There is a website that can help you estimate the cals you burn but I don't know how accurate they are.
  • jwaters1006
    Options
    I really want to get the DVD's but i am not sure which ones are the best - there doesnt seem to just be one that I can just buy and start they are all multi buys.

I don't have a class near me that I can join but i do think this form of exercise would be fun and would help get rid of my mid section along with running.

EBAY! I saw the individual discs for the new Zumba series on there.
  • jwaters1006
    Options
    how many times a week do you do it?

• jaybee25
    jaybee25 Posts: 117
    Options
    Hmmm I may just give it a go :) getting a couple noe the cardio party and basics...figure I need to get basics to learn what I'm doing lol how does it go with unco people doing it lol
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!