S.B.F. Challenge. . . November 21st

Options
Hi ladies,

I'm off to strike headquarters (um. . .hooray?) but wanted to start the thread.

I'm planning on bikram this evening.

Take care of yourselves.:flowerforyou:

Replies

• lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies,

I'm off to strike headquarters (um. . .hooray?) but wanted to start the thread.

I'm planning on bikram this evening.

Take care of yourselves.:flowerforyou:
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    I was hoping you would start the new weekly thing - or does that start on Sun or Mon?

For a new name I was thinking: pushing harder fitness challenge. I see if I can come up with other things though.

Yesterday I rode my bike and walked. Today it's cold, so it's off to the gym. I'll be doing a lot of gym type stuff on the vacation, so I'm hoping to get a bike ride in on Sunday. Should do weights too, but unless I have someone telling me what to do, I get lazy.

Does anyone else get a little nervous (kind of a good nervous, kind of a bad) before going on vacation? I like to worry about things that a very unlikely to happen. House blows up, can't get across the border, etc. I think part of it stems from the number of trips I've gone on when a cat has just been seriously sick or I've come back to a sick cat. One I remember: I'm getting ready go to the train station - look at elderly cat - cat is leaking blood from his butt - so my brain says: cat is hemorrhaging and is about to die. I send husband to vet with cat, call friend to drive over the speed limit to get me to the train station. Sob uncontrollably on the train. Of course, you can't miss a train unless you want to wait 24 hours for the next one. Cat was fine, but it freaked me out. Last time Tri kitty had a growth removed we were leaving as well (though I think only for 2 days not 8) - so maybe there is a pattern.

Novel finished. Happy Workouts!
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Poor Vivia, what a crappy thing to have to do. Hope they don't keep you all day. I'd bring a good book.

Hey Mary, I feel a little stress before a trip but when I get going it seems to leave. Someone watching your kitties for you? We don't travel alot because with 4 of them its hard to find someone to come feed them. They tend to pout badly when we do go away for a day or two. Have a good trip.

I plan on doing my 30 minutes on the tread mill this afternoon. Maybe I will do the stretches before and see how they feel. I would like to get some yoga in. I have a beginners dvd. See you all tomorrow
  • Jackie_W
    Jackie_W Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    I forced myself to do as my trainer advised this morning, I upted the treadmill from 20 - 25mins, the elliptical from 10 - 15 minutes and the exercise bike from 20 - 25mins, so all in all, I did an extra 15mins today :bigsmile:
    As from Monday, I have to start using the triceps bar, and a funny stretch thing I think the trainer called a cross walker - or something like that, then again it could be completely different :laugh:

I'm feeling so much more positive about myself, I just want to do more and more :bigsmile:
  • kjllose
    Options
    Way to go Cyberswitch! Congrats and keep up the good work!
  • lotusfromthemud
    Options
    May I suggest that we "declare our weekly intentions" on Sunday and then start our workout week on Mon-Sun?

Strike headquarters work is MUCH better than picket duty. It's indoors, and no one is hurling insults at you or trying to run you over with their car. Much easier on my body, but still pretty exhausting. I'm actually going to do yoga at home this evening, as I'm too tired to do the whole bikram series today, I think.

Pray for good negotiations with the employer, so I can just go back to teaching, which is what I'm good at, and love.:flowerforyou:
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone.
    Another busy day. I did some push ups, probably not enough, but I did what I could with the time I have. I am still sick, so I am getting a little down and I'm unmotivated.
    Mary, the worrying thing is just what we were talking about at Bible Study this morning. It was interesting to hear about all the different thing people worry about. We have decided to go to San Antonio for Thanksgiving which is great because I get to see my family, but then I worry about eating too much and worry about Alex accidentally getting into wheat or dairy.
    V. I hope things clear out for you pretty soon so you can just get back to teaching!
    I need to go. The OT is coming out tonight for her weekly visit. She's really neat so I don't mind that she's still coming out once a week.
    Are we doing our own personal challenges or are we picking a challenge the whole group is doing that week? I have a couple of ideas for myself: work out five times in a week and drink all my water everyday for a week. I need help with that. Talk to you later!
    MM
  • lotusfromthemud
    Options
    I'm all for individually decided goals. . .I've just discovered that if I plan my workouts for the week (Sunday is my "planning" day) then I'm more likely to get to them. Maybe if I share my gold-star chart (yes. . .I print one for my bulletin board every Sunday afternoon) with you then I'll feel like I'm accountable to them. I'll hassle you guys if you hassle me!:wink:

I've thought very seriously about including two (gasp!) scheduled days off a week for the month of December. I think my body is crying out for rest with the additional stress and cold, dark weather. Something along the lines of actually saying : "Thursday: day off" on my gold-star chart, and giving myself a gold star for allowing myself a day off. I think it might also help to be able to say to myself: just work out today, you get a day off tomorrow! Also, I think some extra recovery will help me to work out harder when I do. That being said, I'm never still for very long anymore. :flowerforyou:
  • kjllose
    Options
    Yea I did 40 mintutes on the treadmill, I know it's not alot but I had to be positive about it after not doing it for so long. About 10 minutes into it I started feeling good. Nice to know it still happens. I can't wait to get back to my 60 minute walks. I think my individual goal will be some strength training and I think Vivia has a good idea with the chart. I already have one going for the walking, waters, salads for lunch and eating meals slower. So what would one more column be to get done. I would love stars but I haven't been to the store for awhile so I will stick to my RED marker. It stands out more and I love that color. See you tomorrow!