A Day of Victory! (NSV's)

Options
knittnponder
knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
Today I had a bunch! And I'm feeing happy and excited so I thought I'd share with people who I know will understand that the small victories pave the way to reaching the overall goal. :)

The first victory was when I realized that the heretofore very tight shorts I had on were actually loose! Now these are a very roomy size 10 and the "true" size 10 jeans that I have I could barely get over my hips and there was no way those babies were going to zip last time I tried them on!

So once I realized the shorts were loose I went and tried on the jeans....VICTORY!!! They're still pretty tight but I got them up, on and zipped without doing lunges, squats or having a small human stand on my stomach while attempting to zip them! I did it standing up and no stretching them! I do have a muffin top in them because they are pretty tight yet but they are much closer than they were just a couple of weeks ago! WOO HOO! I really don't think I thought I'd actually be fitting them so it's a real motivator for me!

After I tried those on I tried on a few more things lurking in my closet. The next victory came in the form of two bridesmaid dresses I wore about 8 1/2 - 9 years and a baby ago! One of them I made, the other was purchased but they both fit beautifully! Last time I wore them I was about 12 pounds lighter than I am now.

Well after trying on a bunch of clothes I was newly motivated to get a workout in to continue the trend. I was scheduled for Plyometrics today (P90X) but just wanted to do something different. So I dusted off the treadmill and got out my iPod. I'm not a runner and previous attempts at running any length had been one minute long and less than a quarter of a mile so I wasn't expecting miracles today. I got on, warmed up, paused and stretched out and then began a fast walk. Then a good song came on so I started running (not very fast but I was running!) and then I just didn't stop! It was a very slow mile (3.7-4mph) but I ran the whole thing! That's the first time I've run a mile in any fashion since they forced me to do it in high school! If I remember right I was among the last done, lol. I stayed on the treadmill for about an hour running and walking the whole time but that one mile straight has me stoked! I'm so happy to see the endurance developing!

An NSV from the other night that I didn't mention here yet was also a fitness victory; my jumping front kicks are getting some great height and my instructor was impressed! I'm so excited you guys! I've struggled to lose the weight I gained from my last baby for the past 7 years and this is the first time I've made any real progress. I'm so thankful for MFP and am actually starting to believe that I will make my goals.

Replies

• DahnaLane
    DahnaLane Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    those are AWESOME! and very motivating. Thank you
  • mommyoftwins05
    mommyoftwins05 Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    That is great!!
  • ronda_gettinghealthy
    ronda_gettinghealthy Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    WOW what a terrific day for you....thanks for sharing......I love NSV's and I totally get the whole gymanstics routine usually required to fit into jeans...LOL
  • wendibartel
    Options
    What an amazing story. I am so excited for you. I know that defeating those skinny jeans can be amazing. Keep it up.
  • brayaddie
    brayaddie Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Super job!! I know what you mean about endurance(I feel mine getting better) Amazing job fitting into size 10!!! I can only hope to get there!!! Keep it Up & thanks for sharing! :smile:
  • vikesfanmb
    vikesfanmb Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    What a great day of NSV's! I am so happy for you! :smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!