What shoes do I wear???

Here's the thing, I've only completed day 4 (week one) of Turbo Fire so far! Can't wait to continue tomorrow by the way! :) Only problem is, my feet kill when I'm doing it! (and no, I can't jump yet!) It's the bottom of my feet on the outsides. Currently I'm wearing Nike running shoes. I'd go barefoot but the problem there is I have ugly old lady bunions and I go in on the arches of my feet so I really think I should wear shoes. Any suggestions???
Thanks!

Replies

• beverlyl64
    beverlyl64 Posts: 381
    Maybe a good cross trainer? However I do it barefoot. Wish I could be more help
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    I just finally bought new shoes for Turbo Fire yesterday! (yeah after 9 weeks, opps). But they DO make a huge difference. Go check out cross trainers. Look at the bottoms, find one with hardly any tread and a thick heel. I have wide feet so I didn't have a lot of options but let me see if I can find a link to the ones I got....
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Okay, these are the ones I got in BRIGHT white. They are so ugly. I found them on sale for $40.

http://www.newbalance.com/products/WX623/
  • Ashonym
    Ashonym Posts: 172 Member
    I've had my shape ups for well over a year now and they hardly show ANY wear or tear. I never get blisters even after hours of walking/jogging/running intervally. I've sent them through the wringer too, so to speak. Especially recently. I own two other pairs of shoes and I could NOT be doing as much as I am without my shape ups. I 100% recommend them to anyone - and IMO they look cool. XD
  • well, I just wear normal running shoes, comfortable.
  • Flyntiggr
    Flyntiggr Posts: 898 Member
    The shoe may not help. I have a similar pain, and it is duecto how my foot is shaped. It is rare, and no fitness shoe will fit correctly. Getting cast for orthotics in the morning.....
  • mspix
    mspix Posts: 153
    I will second the opinion for a good cross trainer. I am currently doing TJ barefoot because of foot pain. Once I kicked off my running shoes (they just are not made for lateral movement) the pain in my foot went away. However, I have developed a lovely blister on my big toe from the pivoting :grumble:

I am looking at these: http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/?l=shop,search,searchList-Nike Trainer 1Nike Trainers&cp=USNS_KW_0611081618#l=shop,pdp,ctr-inline/cid-100701/pid-361343/pgid-416644