I just discovered nutella...I think I am in trouble!

Options

Replies

• RinaMax
    RinaMax Posts: 33
    Options
    You know what I do with it? I take 1/2 a tablespoon (YES ONLY 1/4 of a serving) and I spread it on a serving (which is half a wrap) of Joseph's Flax Oat Bran & Whole Wheat Lavash Bread and slice up have a banana and two strawberries (all thinly sliced) and lay the sliced up fruit on the wrap. Then roll it up. DELICIOUS! I usually warm up the wrap for a couple minutes before I spread the nutella and lay the slices of fruit in it.

All for 161 calories, 28 carbs, 5 g fat, 7 g protein, 13 g sugar, 5 g fiber.
  • rosalee87
    rosalee87 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    2nd week of my diet I had to take it to work and left it in the lounge for my coworkers to have....gone in a week.

that's exactly why I couldn't have it in my house :(
  • ladderguy055
    Options
    Try mixing it with marshmellow fluff. It increases the volume with only about 20 more cals and no fat. I also mix it with peanut butter (my achilles) and make a sandwich that doesn't blow my calorie intake.
  • ohpretty
    ohpretty Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    The Nutella addict in me is screaming for you to run away and never look back right now. I can eat it plain and be in heaven, unfortunately. But thankfully, I've had an unopened jar in my pantry sitting there for a month so I may just have kicked the addiction. :3
  • DavidH85
    DavidH85 Posts: 19
    Options
    Diet is only one part of losing weight... and Nutella is actually not all that bad for you. Anything in excess is bad for you, even water... it's called drowning. Find the balance, stay with the balance. If you want a little more on one side, you have to put an equal amount on the other side so you don't fall over. Look at how many callories a professional athlete -needs- to eat, and compare that to how much they exersise. Balance.
  • audram420
    audram420 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I can't have it in my house...I'll eat a jar in one day!!:sad:
  • Misiaxcore
    Misiaxcore Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    I will either put it on an english muffin rather than peanut butter, or if I'm really craving something sweet at the end of the day, I'll take a teaspoon and do half nutella and half peanut butter :) That usually satisfies my cravings.
  • corpus_validum
    corpus_validum Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    What's killer is crepes with nutella!!! Add in banana slices and OMG...broke da mouf good!!! MFP daily food journal be damned if a nutella snack was in front of me.
  • RMinVA
    RMinVA Posts: 1,085 Member
    Options
    I cannot keep Nutella in the house. If I own it, I will eat it, just like pudding, right out of the jar, by the spoonful.

Please compare the complete nutritional stats and not just the overall calories on Nutella vs. Peanut butter. Nutella is LOADED with added sugar (21 g vs. 2g). And while Nutella has less fat, it also has less protein. It's better to stick to peanut butter.
  • tripitena
    tripitena Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Nutella is amazing when I albsolutely cannot live without chocolate candy. It tastes just like those Ferrero Rocher candies. A little slathered on apple slices or even toast can end the crave for me.
  • geekymom57
    geekymom57 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Before Nutella became as common as it is now, a favorite special gift for family members was a package of Walkers shortbread and a jar of Nutella. Yum!

I think it's best in moderation, so here are my two favorite ways of incorporating it into my food options in a constructive way:

*equal amount of Nutella and chunky peanut butter on a toasted sandwich thin--really good combination and more satisfying than regular bread.

*1/2 tablespoon Nutella, 1/2 c organic vanilla soymilk, 1/4 c French vanilla ice cream, softened. Stir it up well, put it in the freezer for about a half hour to thicken it up a bit, and top with a portion of Redi Whip. It's a good protein source and the Nutella flavor is subtle and not overwhelming.
  • ShannonWinger
    ShannonWinger Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    So right that that stuff will trip you up. Nutella is the BEST thing I have ever eaten!!!! If I ever buy it I can't control myself. It's just too good. That's why I can't buy it unless I'm just treating myself. I coudl easily eat the entire jar.
  • LeCitron
    LeCitron Posts: 71
    Options
    Just think of it as the chocolately version of peanut butter. If you actually compare the nutrients side by side they're pretty much the same. Yes, the numbers vary, but in different areas so I figure it all evens out.

When I first found Nutella no one could convince me it was made from hazelnuts. I was absolutely positive that it was a purely chocolate spread. I think a part of me still believes it, lols. Then when I studied abroad in France my host mom made me buy my own jars because I slathered so much on my morning toast. But hey, it's like their version of peanut butter over there.

Actually... my host mom once told me that she'd never eaten a peanut butter sandwich (she was in her seventies) and never would because peanut butter was the reason all Americans were fat! I nearly died laughing.

But if you ever get over to Paris (or just France in general), go to any crepe stand on the street and ask them to make you one with Nutella. It's cheap, it's quick, and it's the most delicious thing you'll ever eat!
  • RMinVA
    RMinVA Posts: 1,085 Member
    Options
    Diet is only one part of losing weight...

Diet is only one part of weight loss, but it is a big part, like 90%.
  • Athena413
    Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Nutella, but my trainer told me not to eat it. :cry:

Why??

She only wants me eating natural nut butters - which it is hazelnut butter, but they add a lot of sugar with the cocoa and such. When she says natural nut butter, she basically means just smushed up peanuts, cashews, almonds, whatever - no added sugars or preservatives or anything like that.
  • Colfiii
    Colfiii Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    is heaven :))) ... I think as long as u do it with moderation is fine , as anyting else ! :love:
  • be_kris
    be_kris Posts: 47
    Options
    I have a TBSP on Nutella everyday, sometimes 2. I put them in my meal replacement shakes. So TASTY!!!! I LOVE NUTELLA!!!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    On a warm, toasted English muffin... the Nutella gets all melty like the chips in fresh baked chocolate chip cookies. Om nom nom nom...
  • megsaroo
    megsaroo Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Actually I love having nutella around! My trick is to just have ONE tablespoon at a time, put it in a small bowl, and melt it in the microwave for about 30 seconds. When it is melted it goes a lot further. Then I dip strawberries into it. It is PERFECT when I'm craving something sweet, but turns out to be only 80 calories from the nutella (actually I use Kroger hazelnut spread). I totally hear the people who can't have it in the house because they will eat it without stopping, but if you can control the cravings, this is a great way to use it!
  • cassondraragan
    cassondraragan Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Oh and its super good in wonton wrappers then baked...

oh.my.god. I'm leaving this thread right now. Leaving and going to bed before I start drooling. start getting ideas in my head and start thinking about a nutella run. Wait, I can't head off to the store, kids are asleep. Thank goodness...