Drinking too much soda?

Options
2»

Replies

• sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    Just quit. Is it difficult at first? Yes. But you're tough enough to get through it. People always complain on here about a lack of willpower; these little steps you take are where willpower begins. (I know you didn't complain about it, I'm just putting it out there.)
  • babydbones
    babydbones Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I used to drink MT Dew like crazy!!! I gave that up and then got on a Diet Rootbeer kick. And i know i was drinking too much of that, but now I am down to maybe 1 can of diet rootbeer a day. I make a deal with myself that if i drink atleast 64 oz of water a day i can have 1 can. and usually don't even finish the whole can!
  • 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    Drink one can of soda, then fill it with water the rest of the day. I find just holding the can is part of the appeal. :drinker:
  • stevwil41
    stevwil41 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I gradually switched to caffeine free soft drinks (mostly ginger ale) before giving it up completely. I don't like the diet soda after taste so I drink mostly water these days.
  • annglenn
    annglenn Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I am so glad I found this forum. I drink 4-5 diet dr. peppers a day (12 oz. can). Last week I started having heart palpatations (sp) and went to see my family doctor. She said I was not having a heart attack. Thank goodness. However the amount of caffine I was consuming was causing the problem. She also said that due to the amount of sodas it was causing my body to dehydrate which opened the door for UTI's which I have had several this year. I had only increased my sodas this year. It used to be 1 or 2 or none a day .
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    Gave them up in March of this year. I drank a 2 liter bottle (or more) of Diet Pepsi a day. When I cut out the soda, I drank green tea (over ice) to keep me from having caffeine withdrawals (headaches). AFter about a week, I switched to just water. That is ALL I drink now. Good luck :)
  • betterme1291
    Options
    sparkling water and lemon juice
  • selig0730
    selig0730 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    try to cut it to 1 can a day and then drink lots of water.
  • rachelkern
    Options
    Allow yourself one a day at first, then when you crave more - try drinking iced lemon water! It's very quenching and tasty. Even one soda a day can be damaging. Read up on just how bad for you soda is (I'm sure you have, but the reinforcement is always good) and soon, the satisfaction you get while drinking just that one soda will be replaced by the healthy lemon water.
  • Greenwellj
    Options
    That is something I struggle with too. I have a product called Want More Energy that helps me when I need something besides water. It is all natural and really good.