Nerd from SoCal

Options
Zandia_1
Zandia_1 Posts: 183 Member
Hello everyone!

I'm rather shy, so I'm forcing myself to introduce myself because I know that I will need some support in achieving my goals. :wink: I'm currently in my third semester of college (starting a new career at 30+), but I have gained about 35 lbs since my high school days (probably due to my last job which brought in pastries twice a week, plus people had a penchant for coming into my office with all sorts of irresistible goodies!). Thirty-five pounds may not seem like a lot, but I'm a very short girl at 5' 3/4" so the extra pounds are noticeable- in all the wrong areas (mainly my boobs and midsection are larger than I'd care for).

I quit my job in June so I could attend a course during the summer so I had a bit of extra time available to exercise. I remembered working out to Bodies in Motion on FitTV a long time ago and started Googling "Gilad". I came across his Quick Fit System and began using it because it seemed like a good option for beginners. I did it for a week then quit. I picked it up again (this time my hubby was supervising) and I'm almost half-way through the system (partially due to his nagging me to do it:tongue:). At first I had to take multiple breaks during each video because I was so out of shape. I am definitely seeing some results even though I haven't had a clean diet. The QFS has turned me on to fitness DVDs. I'd love to try Insanity, P90X, TurboFire, & Chalean Extreme, but I know I'm not anywhere near that level-yet.

I defiantly need to be accountable to someone other than myself to get the results I want. Any help would be appreciated!

:heart: Zandia

Replies

• AnnetteBlair
    AnnetteBlair Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hello Zandia! Welcome and good luck! :happy:
  • budkow
    budkow Posts: 39
    Options
    Welcome! Personally I think the office snacks and pastries are the most dangerous things out there. Free, available and fattening are a bad combination. :smile:
  • fitev
    fitev Posts: 41
    Options
    Welcome Zandia, I too have gained the same amount of weight since HS. I'm 5'3, and I'd love to be 25lbs lighter. There's so much support here, best of luck to yas! **Feel free to add me** =)
  • TheYoungRetiree
    TheYoungRetiree Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    You can add me! I'm not on the work out video circuit, but it's always nice to have buddies for support and accountability! I'm in SoCal too!
  • mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a friend! I'm also a complete nerd and finish up a second bachelors in my 30's. I was about 20 lbs heavier than I wanted to be when I got pregnant, so in a couple of months I'm going to have that to lose as well as the baby weight. For now my focus is on healthy pregnancy weight. I'm also 5 feet tall (with a partial inch added there at the end), so it sounds like we're in the same boat.
    (Just put a little note in the friend request so I remember who you are, lol)
  • la_nanita
    la_nanita Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Welcome!!! I am new too and the best thing I could have done is join a challenge... There are many out there and they come with an instant support group and friends.

Feel free to add me.

Adriana :flowerforyou:
  • healthyfat
    healthyfat Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    You're in the right place for support. You can do it! Add med if you'd like, I'm doing insanity right now. Good luck.