Options
I'm a newbie here. Been there, done that, tried it all. Same old story. Need to lose 56 pounds. I'm 48, work full time, daughter in high school so I stay busy. Husband's job is on the road half the time. I do light cardio, have problems with back and knees if I push it too hard. Started doing Leslie Sansone Walk Away The Pounds. Dr wants me to try lean meat, veggies, fruit and low fat dairy for awhile. I could sure use motivation! :sad:

150gal

Replies

• fine4now
    fine4now Posts: 84
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. You will do great. Aot of great ppl on here and lots of support. Hang in there and learn the ropes and you will do fine. Feel free to add me as one of your supporter if you would like.
  • ChibiAmy
    Options
    Im new too! This site is really easy to update and I like that I can do it from my phone. Sounds like we are on the same diet!

1. Think like a hunter and gatherer. If you couldn’t hunt it or gather it back in the Paleolithic days, you probably shouldn’t eat it.
    On this diet, you’ll eat veggies, fruit, nuts and meat.

2. Cut out dairy and processed foods. There were no domesticated cows in the cavewoman days, so that morning bowl of cereal with milk or that afternoon latte? Cut. No dairy is allowed. Same goes for anything that comes in a box—or really has an ingredient list of more than one thing.

3. No eating while watching TV.

Good Luck! Stay focused!
  • Smarttasha
    Smarttasha Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Well hello and I am so glad to here to meet you on my fitness pal because this exactly what it is all about . Motivation and being a pal through the good and the bad. Whe I first started I was clueless to where I should start but I found some supportive pals and now I'm supporting them as well . So stay and don't leave know matter what you are going through. Because stress is the best kept secret to making you gain weight. So when you have something on your mind vent it on your page , even when you are happy. Shout it , my name is smarttasha add me as a friend and on my pageyou wll see I hae some really nice pals that keep me on track. Even in the normal life of not tracking foods, make it fun .

Well good luck and congradulations on taking the step to a heathier life style
  • 150gal
    150gal Posts: 4
    Options
    Thanks ladies! This is what I need! Hope I can be there for you too! I'll try dropping the dairy, got any ideas for breakfast? I am a yogurt, fruit and granola junkie!