Acai Berry and Colon Cleanses?

Options
Whenever I log in an advert for Acai Berry and Colon cleanse is always there. Blogs from women who have lost weight tell of how wonderful this is but I am not so sure. Does anyone have experience with any of it? When you read what they are supposed to do, it sounds great, but does it really work?

Replies

• candycaneps
    candycaneps Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Whenever I log in an advert for Acai Berry and Colon cleanse is always there. Blogs from women who have lost weight tell of how wonderful this is but I am not so sure. Does anyone have experience with any of it? When you read what they are supposed to do, it sounds great, but does it really work?
  • rdhd88
    rdhd88 Posts: 18
    Options
    Oh I'm sure they work, but it's only water weight you'd be losing & it would come right back on the minute you started eating food again. As for the benefit of it cleaning out your system I'm not sure have never tried one but I'm sure the weight loss from them would only be temporary. It might be a good way to jump start a weight loss.
  • candycaneps
    Options
    From what I read about colon cleanses it is supposed to rid your body of gunk that has stored up in your body. I never really thought about that happening in our bodies, but anything is possible hm? haha
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    a colon clense cleans out your colon. The scale will say you've lost weight but you havn't lost any fat, just poop weight. It can be a good idea for colon health, but not as a weight loss aide.
  • candycaneps
    Options
    53 pounds lost? Congratulations! That is awesome!!!
  • kerrilucko
    Options
    53 pounds lost? Congratulations! That is awesome!!!

thank you :flowerforyou: and no colon cleanses to date :laugh:
  • candycaneps
    Options
    Yeah. Had to ask. The ad is there every single time I log in.

How long have you been trying to lose weight? What is working for you?
  • Kateeliz
    Kateeliz Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I don't know if they work yet..but I just purchased a "free trial" of total cleanse..I just had to pay the 4 dollar shipping fee, and then call the "convenient toll free number" to cancel the trial...
    So I called (if you don't cancel within 15 days it costs you 78 dollars a month) and none of the numbers work. Luckily I was able to find a live chat site and my trial got canceled just in time! Be careful if you're planning on purchasing anything like this online. There have been people who have had to cancel their bank accounts to prevent these companies from charging them. :grumble:

I suggest reading reviews on the individual products before buying.
  • candycaneps
    Options
    That is why I decided against it. I found sites that said that Total Cleanse didn't have a working number. I don't want to order a free trial of scam! I looked for numbers first and was going to call them but I couldn't find a number and that made the decision to not order it. I'm not stupid, and will not let a company scam me over so easy!
  • Kateeliz
    Options
    That is why I decided against it. I found sites that said that Total Cleanse didn't have a working number. I don't want to order a free trial of scam! I looked for numbers first and was going to call them but I couldn't find a number and that made the decision to not order it. I'm not stupid, and will not let a company scam me over so easy!

Guess I was almost stupid then :indifferent:
  • kerrilucko
    Options

Well I eat the 1350 cals MFP gives me... I also eat my exercise cals. I exericse as often as I can and try to choose healthy foods. I just have found this process really straight-forward and... well, easy. Patience and diligence are key. I read your profile, tsk tsk, did you order your dress in too small? I got mine too big :laugh:
  • candycaneps
    Options

Oh no! That is not what I meant at all! I am sorry it came across that way.
  • candycaneps
    Options

Well I eat the 1350 cals MFP gives me... I also eat my exercise cals. I exericse as often as I can and try to choose healthy foods. I just have found this process really straight-forward and... well, easy. Patience and diligence are key. I read your profile, tsk tsk, did you order your dress in too small? I got mine too big :laugh:

What do you mean you eat your exercise calories?

No, I bought my dress 6 months ago and I gained almost 20 pounds since then!!! It's horrible! My dress fit when I bought it :embarassed:
  • Kateeliz
    Options

Oh no! That is not what I meant at all! I am sorry it came across that way.
    :laugh: It's okay, I was only kidding.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I asked my doctor about the colon cleansing.

He said the garbage is already on the back porch, no need to spend money to move it the the street!

You will lose weight but as Kerri said it is poop...it will just build up again, because that is how our bodies work.

I guess it would be good for a person at their goal weight who wanted to look super hot in a special dress or something. Your stomach would be really flat for 1 day then....well you know!!
  • candycaneps
    Options
    Yeah that make sense. This stuff claims to get rid of "sludge" that has been there for years. The thought of stuff sitting around for years is enough to make me want to get it out =D I am not going to spend money on a fad though.
  • Phoenixflame
    Phoenixflame Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    I read an article that says it's all a scam. Basically, the gunk they give you makes it appear like alien spawn are pouring out of your butt. In reality it's just their junk. It probably does clean you out, since you wind up pooping a lot...but jeez, just eat a big plate of sauerkraut. Add some turkey sausage and you've got a far yummier and cheaper alternative.
  • kerrilucko
    Options

No, I bought my dress 6 months ago and I gained almost 20 pounds since then!!! It's horrible! My dress fit when I bought it :embarassed:

Exercise calories? you get to eat them back. if fyou burn 200 cals, you get to eat 200 extra cals, MFP adds them in for you. It keeps your deficit steady, if you don't eat them your deficit will get larger, possibly dangerously large, tons of posts out there about it if you need more info :flowerforyou:
  • amyalwaysonline6
    Options
    I use disposable visa cards, like the kind you get a walgreens, whenever I order a trial of anything. Then when they try to charge you $80 after a month, they can't. Of course none of that stuff ever really works, or they wouldn't be trying to trick you to get your money.
  • candycaneps
    Options

Exercise calories? you get to eat them back. if fyou burn 200 cals, you get to eat 200 extra cals, MFP adds them in for you. It keeps your deficit steady, if you don't eat them your deficit will get larger, possibly dangerously large, tons of posts out there about it if you need more info :flowerforyou:

I will have to find those then, because it doesn't make sense to me to eat the calories we just burned. Isn't that how we lose weight, by having less calories?

Amy! That is such a great idea. I had never thought of that before.