Weight training

Options
I am focusing more on weight training rather than cardio , should I be increasing my calorie intake.
I am currently on 1230 calories a day according to the tracker but can't help feel it should be a bit higher. I'm 5ft 11 179lbs and moderately active- weight training 3 times a week, cardio 3 times a week. I'm trying to lose about 25lbs but tone up at the same time.

Replies

• H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    you should probably be eating 1230 plus the calories you burn each day exercising. however, any number generated by MFP or another calculator is just an estimate as we all have unique bodies. Use the estimate on MFP and if you aren't seeing the desired results after 2 weeks, adjust that number accordingly. Keep in mind that you should always be eating AT LEAST a net of 1200 calories per day.
  • rachmaree
    rachmaree Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    You need to be eating your exercise calories
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I've been weight training since January with a personal trainer, and I had my level set to sedentary until recently.I want to say that I started off at like 1500 something, and then got down to about 1430 before I went back to 1570 and now I'm at 1670.

If you feel like it should be more, then up your level to lightly active and see what happens. Make sure to eat the exercise calories though so that you feed the muscle.
  • MoonShadow_1au
    MoonShadow_1au Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Found it fairly accurate with calories. If you are still trying to loose weight while weights training try to com in just under you net calories (calories + exercise calories - food = green number).

The only thing I would recommend is eat more protein foods and less carbohydrates.