My Fitness Pal newbie

Hi everyone, just been introduced to this community by my other half and welcome any help, advice in dieting and exercise and most importantly willpower!! :)

Please feel free to add me.

Currently a UK size 12-14 and eventually looking to fit into a UK Size 10, tone up the wobbles, remove the extra rolls and banish the bingo wings!! :D

Gem
x

Replies

• H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    the mental side of this is very important. writing down your goals and reading them out loud daily...or whenever your will power starts to wane...will help you immensely.

as far as nutrition, aim for more natural foods and fewer packaged/processed science projects that are sold as food. eat protein throughout the day as that helps fill you up. eat foods with lower glycemic value to help prevent cravings. reduce breads, sugars, and other refined carbs. nutrition is 70% (or more) of the battle.

as far as exercise, at the beginning, just do something that gets you moving. Once you start moving some, check out some interval training ideas at bodyrock.tv or search for "bodyweight exercise" on youtube. resistance training will help you burn fat.

good luck.
  • You have me here babes x Just stop eating them bags of chocolate buttons and youll be fine!
  • Nessiep
    Nessiep Posts: 171 Member
    hi newbie...welcombe to MFP...this site will help you so much to get to that size 10!!..add me if you like:flowerforyou:
  • Klbryce1
    Klbryce1 Posts: 23
    added! i'm a size 12-14 too and also looking to fit into that illusive size 10! (maybe an 8 one day, but we'll see!)
  • Judas_Queen
    Judas_Queen Posts: 251 Member
    Size 10? Whats that!? :)

Best of luck with your weight loss! I'm currently a UK 16-18 and wanting to get to a 12-14.. aaarrrgghhh!!! Stress

Good luck!
  • Urghhhh the bingo wings...dont you just hate them?!
    Im in Berkshire, sending a request your way!
  • haylz24
    haylz24 Posts: 225
    Know what you mean! I hate hate HATE my tummy. My legs are ok but they rub lol! I've put on just over a stone since I've been with my bf! Ahhh D: