metabolism, fruit and alcohol

Options
Hi there, I hope this doesn't seem a silly question.
I am 7Ib away from my ultimate goal after already reaching 2 others and I'm steadily losing roughly 1.5 ib a month now, so it's a slow process.

It's my sisters birthday and we are hitting the town later. I'll probably be drinking a bottle of wine and having nibbles too. I've had wholemeal toast this morning and milk.

Anyhow I diverse. What i want to know is if I eat fruit steadily through the day will that help keep my metabolism ticking over? I don't want to starve myself today and slow it down but equally I'll be consuming a load of calories tonight and I've been doing so well. I had planned to have a long session on the rower but that's not going to happen as time is ticking away.

Is it ok to eat fruit today so cutting down on calories ready for my overdose of calories tonight?

Thanks
Debbie :)

Replies

• lulu1962
    lulu1962 Posts: 210
    Options
    Need to eat some protein before going out, otherwise your blood sugar will drop & you will feel really bad! Take it from someone who knows!:drinker:
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    One day isn't going to throw your metabolism off. Enjoy your evening!
  • lcarter25
    lcarter25 Posts: 288
    Options
    One day isn't going to throw your metabolism off. Enjoy your evening!

This
  • suvernscorpio
    suvernscorpio Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Ohh ok thank you for that. Well then I might eat a handful of walnuts through out the day and maybe I'll have a slice of wholemeal toast with an egg for lunch :)
  • dddttt
    dddttt Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    One evening of bad eating won't ruin your healthy diet just like one evening of healthy eating wouldn't help eating crap all the time. ;) Also - you're doing this because you want to feel better and be happier... but what's the use if you can't celebrate once in a while?
    So take it easy and enjoy your evening! :)