Ready to LOSE and learn!

Options
Hello all,

I'm really excited to use this website tool to learn about the right ways of eating and exerscising.

Could I ask this question - what should I eat when my tummy starts hurting? I think it's starting to hurt from time to time because it's not used to the restricted amount of food that I'm consuming. Should I eat some crackers or something to satisfy it without adding too many calories to my daily diet? What do you suggest?

Also - what exercise do you find most effective in losing weight? I can't go swimming, so that's ruled out ... and also right now in wintertime it's cold out. One of my favorite exercises is Tae Bo.

Thanks for reading and I'm open to any suggestions!

Replies

• Solidsweet
    Options
    Hello all,

I'm really excited to use this website tool to learn about the right ways of eating and exerscising.

Could I ask this question - what should I eat when my tummy starts hurting? I think it's starting to hurt from time to time because it's not used to the restricted amount of food that I'm consuming. Should I eat some crackers or something to satisfy it without adding too many calories to my daily diet? What do you suggest?

Also - what exercise do you find most effective in losing weight? I can't go swimming, so that's ruled out ... and also right now in wintertime it's cold out. One of my favorite exercises is Tae Bo.

Thanks for reading and I'm open to any suggestions!
  • liveagain
    liveagain Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    First, WELCOME!

Next, I have to ask how many calories are you consuming? Your numbers shouldn't be below 1200 and if you are eating enough then I don't see why that would make you stomach hurt. If they are hunger pains and you are eating enough then make sure you are drinking enough water. Hunger and thirst pains are very similar.
  • abs0830
    abs0830 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I started using this site this week and love all the tools and features. Plus, it's really nice to have a support group for when you need help and advice. I'd trying drinking some water and see if that helps first, like liveagain said. If that doesn't help try eating more high fiber foods. They keep you full for a long time and can have minimal calories.
  • strawberryblonde13
    Options
    welcome. this website is really great! :happy: water is key... 90% of the time I get 'hunger pains' a glass of water works... i find the rest of the time i have gone too long between meals... even if you are eating enough calories... you may feel hungry due to the type of foods you are eating or the timing (ex: if you only eat three big meals a day you may want to try eating 6 small meals... or snacks between)... I find eating high fiber foods in the AM keeps me full... as wells as snacking on healthy stuff... veggies/ nuts etc... through out the day! :drinker: good luck! and WELCOME :bigsmile:
  • Solidsweet
    Options
    Thanks to those who gave their input and advice!

I will try to up the number of cups I'm drinking! I love it how that site has a place for you to monitor the intake! However, sometimes I feel a little queasy when I drink a lot of water for the day. Maybe that's because my body's not used to it either? Well, I will do it in moderation. :drinker: