Newbie trying to get rid of uni weight (+ then some!)

Options
Hi everyone! My name's Beth, I'm 21 and hoping to lose all of the weight (and insecurities that came with it!) that I gained at uni. I live in Wales, went to uni in England, and I've just joined a local Rosemary Conley fitness class. I actually used to do RC before uni, and lost about a stone in two months, which was great! Hopefully I can do it again this time around :)

I want to lose weight primarily to drop a few dress sizes, but I'd also love to be fit and healthy and active, and be less self conscious - in other words, learn to love my self and my body! I graduate in November (ridiculously late!) so would love to lose at least a stone by then.

Anyway, I'd love to make friends on here, as you all seem so lovely and welcoming! :) xx

Replies

• luvgreen25
    luvgreen25 Posts: 202
    Options
    Welcome Beth! Best of luck to you.
  • vanlaura
    vanlaura Posts: 26
    Options
    Hi, feel free to add me if you want , I'm 21 studying my final year in Manchester at the moment :)
  • steelguy54
    steelguy54 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Welcome all!! This site is great motivation and keeps you accountable for your choices. Feel free to add me.
  • smoore85
    smoore85 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    hi, just wanted to say good luck,, i am 25 and want to lose 2 1/2 stone mine is baby weight but i know all about the insecurities that come with weight gain,, feel free to add me, good luck, xx
  • at0micbetty
    Options
    Thanks guys, I've added you all :)
  • slandy01
    slandy01 Posts: 10
    Options
    Hi Beth,

Welcome aboard! I've been using mfp for a couple of months, practically every day in the last 30. It really works when you work it. I get encouragement from a lot of people to *write down* every morsel. It can make a good day stay a good day and a not-so-good day not get worse. I am looking for more friends for mutual encouragement and support. Together we are stronger. And celebrating people's triumphs is always great, too.