Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Fizzy drinks

Hi everyone,
I hope I am writing this is the right section... I am fairly new to this site.
Ok so the problem I have is that I can't give up fizzy drinks, I really don't want to drink them anymore and know I need to give them up to help me lose weight and I'm sure once I've stopped drinking them my weight will decrease quite quickly. Has anyone got any ideas on ways to stop drinking them?

Replies

• lazirlott
    lazirlott Posts: 42 Member
    Have you tried flavored sparlking water?
  • helenoftroy1
    helenoftroy1 Posts: 638 Member
    ok. You can either.... go cold turkey and they become banished.
    Switch to diet and wean yourself off them.
    Drink fizzy water with cordial and use less and less until it's just fizzy water you drink.

I had to go cold turkey. I don't drink anything during the week apart from fizzy water, water and green tea. When I go out, I try and stick to slimline tonic or diet pop.

It is hard, but if it was easy everyone would be drinking water and coca cola wouldn't be millionaires!!!!
    :drinker:
  • Pidders89
    Pidders89 Posts: 1,169 Member
    Maybe decrease the amount you have one bit at a time, limit how much you have.
    Also have you tried fizzy water maybe move onto that to get the fizzy fix and then come off that gradually
  • louise_608
    louise_608 Posts: 27 Member
    Thanks for the reply's :)

I haven't tried fizzy water, think I'll have to give that a go. Thank you for the idea.
    If that fails then I think I shall have to give it a go at going cold turkey.
  • drgregdc
    drgregdc Posts: 22 Member
    What fizzy drinks do you drink? and what are you addicted to: the fizz?

I'm addicted to the fizz, so I bought a soda stream. I use regular water, fizz it up and use a lime flavoring. Its similar to clearly canadian. It gives me the water I need but the fizz I love.
  • louise_608
    I mainly drink cola, I don't really know what I'm addicted too, I guess it is the fizz..
    Think I may have to have a look into getting one of them soda streams and see if that works.
  • louise_608
    I have just found a video that has put me off fizzy drinks, think I might watch it every time I want one.

The link is below it's not very nice but definitely has the desired effect!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-F4t8zL6F0c&feature=player_embedded