Response to my letter to Carrabba's Re: no nutrition info

Options
2»

Replies

• livinginwoods
    livinginwoods Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Well. The Government should keep their noses out of it. If the restaurants wants to provide as a service, great. Applebees has a low cal menu and so do some others. I will still eat at places they don't show the nutritional info. I thought the letter was nice also.
  • krbn2
    krbn2 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Carrabba's politeness was the very least they could do. Can I have all y'all houses and cars as long as I ask nicely? :wink:

Misestimating the calorie content of a meal by 500 calories is quite a lot, and if you have to eat somewhere multiple times for work it can really add up. Companies don't have to have my best interests at heart, but I don't have to appreciate it when I'm getting hurt as a result.
  • tinamatteson
    tinamatteson Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I ate at a Carrabba's today (in Shreveport, Louisiana) and was seated at the "full service dinner bar" where I had a direct view of the cooks who were grilling the meat. I was dismayed to see that the steaks started out with a huge piece of butter on them (probably at least 1/4 cup of butter in each piece.) No wonder their grilled meat contains so much fat.
  • NKF92879
    NKF92879 Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    jerks

Yeah, so... I didn't write this. :ohwell: I've changed my password, and I'm sorry to the OP.