Eggbeaters in the Microwave

Options
I've heard you can put those individual egg beaters cups in the micro. The ones that are similar in size to pudding cups. Anybody have the lowdown? I love eggs for brekkie but I'm so over hard boiled.

Replies

• gnicolecan
    gnicolecan Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I've heard you can put those individual egg beaters cups in the micro. The ones that are similar in size to pudding cups. Anybody have the lowdown? I love eggs for brekkie but I'm so over hard boiled.
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    I cook eggbeaters in the microwave, but I have a carton at work and use a paper bowl. Be very careful not to let them get too done. They're disgusting and it smells up the lunchroom and your co-workers will hate you.
  • MelsaEstel
    MelsaEstel Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I also have used eggbeaters in the microwave. Like has already been said, don't overcook them!

I didn't cook them in the little cup, I sprayed a bowl with butter or pam, whatever is handy, dump the liquid, then watch closely as it cooks.

My favorite is to do this, then put it on a toasted english muffin (it's the perfect size when you use a regular bowl), and a slice of cheese and a little pepper. My little healthy egg mcmuffin!

Does anyone else use eggbeaters to cook/bake? I use it in place of regular eggs to cut back on fat and calories. Haven't had a bad experience yet!
  • gnicolecan
    gnicolecan Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Interesting. I will try it in a bowl instead.
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    I also have used eggbeaters in the microwave. Like has already been said, don't overcook them!

I didn't cook them in the little cup, I sprayed a bowl with butter or pam, whatever is handy, dump the liquid, then watch closely as it cooks.

My favorite is to do this, then put it on a toasted english muffin (it's the perfect size when you use a regular bowl), and a slice of cheese and a little pepper. My little healthy egg mcmuffin!

Does anyone else use eggbeaters to cook/bake? I use it in place of regular eggs to cut back on fat and calories. Haven't had a bad experience yet!

I often do this also. Add a slice of Canadian Bacon. It's usually only 20 calories a slice and adds a ton of flavor.
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    YUM eggbeaters! I put them on toast with turkey bacon....my own breakfast sandwich without all of the fat and calories.