Is anyone else observing Ramadan?

jazayed
jazayed Posts: 2
edited September 30 in Food and Nutrition
I'm fasting this month for Ramadan and I'm not doing a very good job of tracking calories. I'm also not able to work out over my lunch hour like I usually do. I'm worried about getting out of the habit of working out. I really enjoy working out, but I'm afraid I might not be able to get back into it next month.
Can anyone suggest some exercises that won't be too taxing since I won't be able to have any water afterwards?
Thanks!

Replies

• lrgarza82
    lrgarza82 Posts: 35 Member
    Yoga is always nice, you can adjust it to your needs, go at a slower pace and really focus on stretching those muscles and creating a leaner look. There are several videos on youtube you can check out to get started . Just make sure when you break fast in the evenings you don't go overboard! It's a mistake to just eat everything in sight because you haven't eaten all day. Take your time and really taste the food. I have a little post-it I keep beside me at dinner and I just write down guestimations of my dinner so I can add it later. If you go over or under, its okay. Its just nice to have an idea of what you took in that day.
  • AmerTunsi
    AmerTunsi Posts: 655 Member
    To be honest you should not be doing any exercise during the day while you are fasting. The water will not only be the problem, you are going to fatigued as it is, and if you workout you will burn through energy and will really suffer. My suggestion to you would be to break your fast in the evening by eating light, and then doing some workouts, and then eat again the main portion of your meal focusing on protein and fiber. If you are also someone who wakes up early before sunrise, this is when you should bulk up on fiber and consume more of your carbs for the day. Remember that during the fasting you should never do anything that will cause you harm, if you do choose to workout and you have to drink something or eat .. do so .. Ramadan Mabrouk!
This discussion has been closed.