Prayin it's just the sodium!!

Options
Frustration has set in! For the past 3 weeks, I have not lost 1 single pound!! I have been doing regular exercise (Zumba 3x week, walking 30 min day, strength training at least twice a day.) I have been very careful on my calorie intake, fat, and sugar but have gone over on sodium alot because I thought adding protein to my diet would help. Now, I seem to be retaining water and have actually gained 3 lbs!!! What's up with that? Help me get off this plateau please!!

Replies

• kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    Maybe it is time to increase your calorie intake?
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    Can you open your food diary so we can get more information?
  • GingerBroad
    GingerBroad Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Have you been tracking your measurements? Sometimes you are still getting smaller even if you're not losing weight. Especially if you are increasing your exercise routine.
  • bmw4deb
    bmw4deb Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    I'm having the same problem, however I feel great and everything
    seems to be getting smalle, trying real hard here not to let the scales
    bring me down
  • JCPruitt
    JCPruitt Posts: 53
    Options
    1) could this be monthly water weight gain? Remember it is possible for us gals to literally retain 5lbs of water in the days before and first days of menus.

2) why has eating more protein sent your sodium levels up? Are you eating processed meats? If so--that is an easy fix. Do you add salt to foods you make at home? You may consider cutting back or stopping.

3) You are working out like crazy--perhaps too much in fact. Where are your levels set? You could very well be eating too few KCals to support all the exercise you are getting and have actually thrown your body into starvation mode--even eating 2000+ KCals--of course I have no idea how many KCals you are getting.

4) I don't see that you are giving your body a chance to recover. You do weight training every day, instead of every other day or just 3 days a week, and you are doing it twice a day. Strength training requires a recovery period or you overtax your body.

Now, I just met with my Ex. Physio and Bariatric surgeon and they had me up my calories because I had not lost weight in 5 weeks (I had WLS 7 years ago and am trying to finally get to goal). I have upped my KCals from 1000 to 1200. I do not consider my exercise as extra available calories (and maybe I should) and have already lost weight. I did this 2 days ago--(apt was on Wednesday). Now, that being said, I will be setting up a meeting with my Nutritionist when she gets back from vacation.
  • hottiewannabe
    hottiewannabe Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Can you open your food diary so we can get more information?
    Ok, done.
  • hottiewannabe
    Options
    I do Zumba Mon, Thurs, Sat and strength train Wed & sometimes Sunday, but lightly. i don't have a trainer, can't really afford that on top of gym membership. Just trying to go at this on my own. Always thought as long as you're moving you're losing. Starting to see there's more to it than that : (
  • hottiewannabe
    Options
    Measurements are getting smaller and I know I shouldn't obsess about the scales. Just like the validation, I guess. Maybe I will start paying more attention to the clothes and less to the scales. lol.