Wedding weight loss challenge!

13»

Replies

• achasnis
    achasnis Posts: 119 Member
    I'll join! My wedding is May 26, 2012!!! I have already found THE dress while at my starting weight of 170 and ordered a size smaller than they recommended as motivation to lose. I tried it on just last month at 165-166ish and it fit wonderfully! Just like a glove... Now my goal is to make it so it needs to be taken in..... I'm currently at 161.8 (the lowest I have been since last October).

:drinker: Whooohoo for weddings! They are so much fun!!!
  • Jenlwb
    Jenlwb Posts: 682 Member
    I'm into the home stretch! Flying in about 2 weeks, Gonna take my dress for some final tweaks this weekend, and try not to bloat up between now and 27th!

I'm a nervous wreck, so much to do...
  • mrscampbe11
    mrscampbe11 Posts: 46 Member
    Well if anyone wants to see the results of my wedding dress shopping look here http://bit.ly/refPZt

Be sure to read up asap because I'm taking the post down after a week or so to ensure my fiance doesn't stumble across it. :)

I was down 4 lbs this week but I'm still working on vacation weight and need another 6 gone before I'm back on track but now I have my incentive. I want to be in the 180's before I order my dress so here I go!

I'm glad you chose the one you did! I also really loved the chiffon dresses I tried on, it's a lovely fabric, so floaty and *pretty*. I think the dress you chose gives you the best shape out of them all - although I also like the super expensive one (typical me - pick the most expensive!), but at half the budget, hey, can't complain!

Oooh, this is making me want to go try on more dresses. I still haven't found *the one* but I live in hope.
  • Well if anyone wants to see the results of my wedding dress shopping look here http://bit.ly/refPZt

Be sure to read up asap because I'm taking the post down after a week or so to ensure my fiance doesn't stumble across it. :)

I was down 4 lbs this week but I'm still working on vacation weight and need another 6 gone before I'm back on track but now I have my incentive. I want to be in the 180's before I order my dress so here I go!

I'm glad you chose the one you did! I also really loved the chiffon dresses I tried on, it's a lovely fabric, so floaty and *pretty*. I think the dress you chose gives you the best shape out of them all - although I also like the super expensive one (typical me - pick the most expensive!), but at half the budget, hey, can't complain!

Oooh, this is making me want to go try on more dresses. I still haven't found *the one* but I live in hope.

Thanks!

It took me three different trips to find "The One", first trip established shape, 2nd fabric and 3rd times the charm! I should lend you my sister, she always attracts the best clothes for me and is my unofficial stylist ;)
  • Hi everyone, Just wanted to check in and see how everyone is doing and to see if anyone checks this thred anymore ;)

I want to extend a challenge to everyone starting on Sunday until the following Saturday (one full week) to push yourself out of your comfort zone for one week. Will you give up sugar? Alcohol? Add an extra workout? Push yourself just a little bit more in your workouts? Bring your lunch to work everyday? Get up early to workout before work?

Make your pledge here and check in throughout the week to let us know how you are doing it!!!
  • achasnis
    achasnis Posts: 119 Member
    Great idea! I keep checking in for new posts, but rarely see any :)

My goal for this week is to eat all meals from home. Just recently I have been having a hard time with this, due to a lack of grocery shopping :ohwell: ... So I KNOW my sodium and fat have been way over the past couple of days....
    But, I did just go MEGA grocery shopping yesterday, so it shouldn't be too difficult. Just the motivation I need to swing it back into gear!
  • mrscampbe11
    mrscampbe11 Posts: 46 Member
    Hello all, good idea @hlavers, I am going to pledge to cook a healthy dinner every night this week. :smile: I have just been away for a weekend of hiking, so my exercise and calories have been off the charts, hopefully this week will be a bit more normal.
    :drinker:
  • In my haste to set a challenge for the week I forgot to pledge my own goal. For this week I want to get in a great sweaty workout 5 days this week. Today I have planned a 60 minute step workout after work! It should be a blast!
  • dmmarie21
    dmmarie21 Posts: 254 Member
    Oh Gosh. Sorry that I have been slacking and not posting at all :( I have been SO busy with work and planning that I completely forgot! My last weight on Sunday was 205. I am getting my dressed fitted on Thursday, so, I am going to try to lose at least 5 lbs by then! I will try to remember to keep checking back, since I started the challenge lol. It is just getting SOO close..
This discussion has been closed.