NSV and things

Options
Aileen46
Aileen46 Posts: 176 Member
As of today, I've lost 20 pounds. It should be 24 by this point but I've had a number of days that weren't good, calorie-wise so I knew it was going a bit slower. Summertime socializing is the biggest issue and it seems like everyone I know has a birthday in the summer!! lol

I've gone from eating chips and dip to fruit and veggies at our gatherings, but the wine is usually the biggest issue with all those empty calories. I expect that the fall will be better and still have a goal of being down 25 more pounds by Christmas which will bring me to almost being at my goal.

Anyway, one NSV is that I've lost 16 inches off my body. 4 being on my hips, which means my regular jeans are too big, and some of my older clothing is fitting again! Yeah me!!

Another one is that I was out with a friend last weekend and she said that I look really good! When her boyfriend got home, of which I hadn't seen him in a few weeks, he just stopped and looked at me like I was a different person. That was awesome!

Because of my back problem, I have to be super careful with exercise, but when I started, I couldn't even do a standing quad stretch which has always been my favourite. I could barely reach my food with my hand because I had no flexibility. Since I do my stretches daily, and sometimes twice, I can reach easily which is a great feeling.

So today is a good day for me!

However, another birthday party is this afternoon so I know I'll be indulging again. But the good thing is, I'm the one bringing all the food! I have a fruit tray, veggies with low cal dip, light cheese with crackers, meatballs that are part chicken and part beef, with a low sodium bbq sauce. The sandwiches have light mayo and light cream cheese. It should be fun to see if anyone can tell the difference. I expect that they won't!!

Cheers! :drinker:

Replies

• ColoradoRobin
    ColoradoRobin Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your progress! The food sounds great! I often bring a fruit salad to summer gatherings, everyone loves it.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!