Advice

Options
Ok...need some help. I have been working really hard at getting back on track. I have been good all week about eating and exercise, and "pretty" good for the last 3 weeks. I started Turbo Fire this week, and jogged 3 miles on the rest day. My weight isn't going anywhere. It either stays the same or goes up a half pound.

I used MFP about 2 years ago and lost 70 pounds, but gained 25-30 back. When I tried before it wasn't this hard at the beginning. Any ideas why I might not be losing the weight? The only thing I can think of is sodium/water weight. Or getting older ;)

Replies

• Fochizzy
    Fochizzy Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Lol, those are pretty damn good reasons, and of course the stand by question of: are you eating enough? Is your body in starvation mode?
  • RaeannePemberton
    RaeannePemberton Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    yep, ditto.... are you eating enough?

PLUS are you getting enough sleep?

enough protein?

enough water?

and... why did you basically do a hard core workout on your rest day?
  • krazzybebe03
    krazzybebe03 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    All those could be factors, along with how often your eating?!?! It is best break your calorie content up into 5 to 6 small meals a day, i know its difficult for some but it can be done. That way your constantly keeping you metabolism up and keeping your portion size low. Also do you keep measurements? I like to weigh myself but i know that when i lift or do certain strength videos my weight may go up for a little bit or stay the same as muscle does weigh more than fat.
  • _Johanna_
    _Johanna_ Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I took a look at your diary - went back about a week and a half and it doesn't appear as if you are logging 100 percent! Please, make sure you log your food so you are SURE of your calorie intake!

I would suggest making sure you are eating back at least some of your exercise calories, which it didn't not look like you were doing either! By a general rule, you should always try to eat more than 1200 calories!

If all that doesn't help you out, then I would also suggest using the tools to find out what your BMR is. You might want to eat that many calories! It might mean you lose slower, but you will lose!

Good Luck to you, you CAN do this! :)
  • hsavas
    hsavas Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    our situations are very similar. lost 60 lbs 2 yrs ago, gained back 40, am back at it and have lost 20 since february. last time it happened so much quicker (3 times as quick) and now it's taking me months to lose what i lost in weeks before. i went to a nutritionist to review my food & exercise diaries- nothing was wrong- i'm eating just under my cal goal, working out 6 days/week, it's just that circumstances are different than they were then. time i have is less to cook and workout in the a.m., my stress level was higher then, and i honestly lost it too quickly to be able to keep it off. this time it's really slow, and i hit a plateau, but i am just now coming out of it b/c I HAVEN'T GIVEN UP. persistence is the key to weight loss. you'll get there again, just give yourself a little credit and keep on keepin' on. as you know, there's nothing like it.