Workouts for busy mom

Just wondering if anyone could suggest some workouts for me. I have an 18 month old and a 1 month old so I don't have alot of me time. I am constantly cleaning the house and chasing my 18 month which gives me some excercise. I also am doing sit-ups, squats, and lifing 3lb weights just to tone my body but I would like to be able to shed some pounds too. Any suggestions?

Replies

• kris2600
    kris2600 Posts: 149
    Just wondering if anyone could suggest some workouts for me. I have an 18 month old and a 1 month old so I don't have alot of me time. I am constantly cleaning the house and chasing my 18 month which gives me some excercise. I also am doing sit-ups, squats, and lifing 3lb weights just to tone my body but I would like to be able to shed some pounds too. Any suggestions?
  • I joined the YMCA, they have free childcare for 3 months & up. At first my kids (20m & 3y) cried when I left them... but now they don't want to leave.

I like playing raquetball with my husband there, taking free classes, using fitness center, & stairstepper (which burns tons of calories.)

After I had my kids I got a personal trainer, it costs alot... but they really motivates you & make a workout for you. I suggetst that if you can even just afford 3-5 sessions.

Good Luck.
  • kris2600
    Thanks! I will look into it! I have been trying to play tenis because I heard it was a good excercise sport but things keep me from it. I won't give up on it though.
  • I have been using a DVD put out by Parents Magazine (find it at Target, Wal-Mart, etc) for Mommy-Baby Yoga, and it is fabulous! I know the instructor has a new one out for toddlers as well, but I'm not quite there yet. You may want to give those a go, especially if you can't get out a lot. Good luck!
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    When you are walking down the hall, do lunges. When you are taking the clothes out of the dryer to fold, squat to take out. Take one item out and fold, and repeat. Washing dishes, squeeze your butt cheeks together. Playing with the kids, lay on your back and "bench press" your little ones. Lay on your back and bend your knees and lift them up and down.
    Just get creative.
    Have a double stroller?? Take long walks.
    Hope that helped a bit.
  • kris2600
    thanks for all of the help!! I will give them all a try if I can!:flowerforyou: