Too Much Sodium

Options
So I need to start watching my sodium intake. I noticed when i have a lot of sodium i feel like crap, but when i dont i actually feel ok. Can anyone give me some ideas on some low sodium, good tasting food?

Replies

• ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    I picked up some salt-less seasoning salt for my cooking. That helped me.
  • Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    SO I flipped through a couple of weeks of your diary before responding, the days you eat lower sodium you are also eating less restraunt food or pizza, so there is one controller. I too personally love ranch dressing but I also love zesty italian which is almost half the sodium content. Trying to switch to fruits & veggies for snack or unsalted nuts instead of crackers will cut your sodium too. Mainly though, to cut most of my sodium, I had to start cooking at home and controlling what went into it, or choosing the vinagerette or italian dressings when going out instead of ranch.
  • mandahq
    mandahq Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Bump! I eat to much sodium. :(
  • sreimer07
    sreimer07 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    SO I flipped through a couple of weeks of your diary before responding, the days you eat lower sodium you are also eating less restraunt food or pizza, so there is one controller. I too personally love ranch dressing but I also love zesty italian which is almost half the sodium content. Trying to switch to fruits & veggies for snack or unsalted nuts instead of crackers will cut your sodium too. Mainly though, to cut most of my sodium, I had to start cooking at home and controlling what went into it, or choosing the vinagerette or italian dressings when going out instead of ranch.

Thank you for the help! It's greatly appreciated. I knew i set my diary to public for a reason :)
  • ninpiggy
    ninpiggy Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Sodium is a worry of mine because of my health, so it's something I've been constantly aware of for years.
    As was already suggested, if you prepare foods yourself, you will find you'll be consuming considerably less sodium. Processed foods are packed with sodium. Luckily, there are mostly low or reduced sodium options to almost everything at the grocery store. It's helpful to drink plenty of water as well. Another major way to cut back on sodium is to not add any additional salt to your food. Try other spices and/or herbs to flavor instead.