Something has got to work!

Options
kbcara
kbcara Posts: 105 Member
Hello all

Being short, and being overweight 'for my age' since mid-teens, I have remained that way through every diet going, always putting on more than I took off when each fad comes to an end. Have exercised my whole life playing competitive sport for 25 years (so it is hard to get that buzz that non-exercisers get when they just introduce a little activity and lose a squillion lbs). I have also recently taken up personal training (can only afford 1 hour a week) to see if personally tailored exercise works better for me. Have decided (again! lol) that enough is enough and I really have to crack this while I'm still in my 30s.

I've got about 4 stone to lose but realistically I'm aiming for 2.5 stone for now.

My friend told me about this app last night but without having a techy phone have found this online and I think recording everything could be really good for me to identify where I'm going wrong - here goes nothing!

Finger's crossed!

xC

PS Also want to go on a fitness camp in UK or France/Spain (not being yelled at, but being motivated to push myself) - if anyone recommends any let me know! (but not the £1K versions!!).

Replies

• theba2il
    theba2il Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    Hi:flowerforyou: Welcome! Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • Soulbird81
    Options
    See if you can get ahold of the following books and magazines:

*Your Best Body Now
    *The Eat Clean Diet <----has helped me to lose over 40 lbs from my 5'3" frame in connection with above book
    *Stripped <---specifically for those looking to lose the last 10-15 lbs

(All 3 above are written by Tosca Reno)

*Oxygen Magazine
    *Clean Eating Magazine

I am a huge fan of Tosca Reno..She is an amazingly beautiful woman who got into fitness in her 40s, including body building and physique contests. All of the above are EXTREMELY healthful lifestyle change....not a fad diet that results won't last :)

Good luck!