do 100 calories under make that much of a difference?

Options
So, I've been trying to be really good with food and exercise the past few days, and I just noticed this little notice about "starvation" mode on my calculator thingy... I've been eating between 1090 and 1150 calories a day which is slightly under what they gave me, but not so much that I thought it was a big deal. Am I really risking myself that much? I just wanted to be sure I was giving myself a little wiggle room in case I am underestimating serving sizes when I don't have time or the tools to measure.

Replies

• abellante_0205
    abellante_0205 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't worry too much about it, unless ure not losing any weight or ure gaining weight bc ure not eating enough. I dont always eat enough, but I'm still losing weight so I'm not worried.
  • HollyLLillis
    HollyLLillis Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I would zig zag some, which is having at least two days during your week that you go 100 to 200 over your calories for the day then go back to your regular eating... amazingly it works, stops your body from believing it is starving and will not store fat. :flowerforyou:
  • busymom6
    busymom6 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I really don't know how much it made a difference but when I thought the same about " wiggle room" I always seemed to plateau. I do best when I eat my calories and add 5 - 10 more minutes to my exercise. But most importantly I drink 4 - 5 (500ml) bottles of water.
  • shydaisi
    shydaisi Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    The system will *always* say that if you go under 1,200 calories.