first week...

Options
angelew
angelew Posts: 133 Member
Hello everyone- I joined this week after a friend recommended My Fitness Pal. I love the site and already feel very motivated and inspired by your successes! Thanks for sharing. I have 25 pounds to lose and my first weekly weigh in will be Monday. Everybody stick with their program and have a great weekend!

Replies

• karyngrace
    karyngrace Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    hey!!! welcome!! i've been on mfp for a little while now and i love it!! its by far the best weight loss tool i've had.....apart from my ipod! lol! anyways feel free to add me :)
  • Lostpounds2
    Options
    Hi, a friend on FB told me about this site and I have lost 14 pounds so far, I am hoping to lose about 50.
  • debbiebaz
    debbiebaz Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hi this is the end of my first 2 weeks on MFP and I have been amazed at how easily I lost 6 lbs, am really motivated by the success stories and use the diary to help me plan... Looking forward to reaching my 18lb target, this will be the lightest I have been since I got married 25 years ago. Good luck, Please add me as a friend as as a newbie I need some friends!!!
  • JediMaster_intraining
    Options
    Welcome! :)
  • judyhat
    judyhat Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi-I have been on MFP for a little over a week now and really like that I can watch and control the calories I am consuming. I just started a fitness program and my trainer recommended this site. I have a long way to go-I am at 179lbs and my goal right now is 150lbs for starters--ultimately my goal is 130( I am 5'1" and am 46 yrs old). I have never weighed this much unless I was pregnant but 2 years ago I quit smoking and drinking at the same time and the weight just started accumulating. Now I want to get my weight down to what it used to be and I know with my workout plan and this site I will be able to do it!!! Good luck to everyone!!!!
  • adamcf
    adamcf Posts: 126
    Options
    I struggled to lose about 15 pounds before using this site. I would lose some and gain more back. eventually I got down 15 pounds and my goal was to lose 22 more. When I started using this site, it made it so easy to continue. I've lost weight consistently and I'm less than a 1/2 pound from my goal.
  • angelew
    angelew Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Thanks, everybody-your achievements are inspiring!
  • roseheart79
    roseheart79 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I am finishing up my second week of MFP, and so far LOVE it. It is an amazing tool to help keep track. I have already lost 60 pounds on my own with portion control and cut way back on carbs, but now for several months I have been stuck at the same weightloss. I also recently quit smoking (April 8th 2011) and gained 7 back from it. Ug! Well I joind MFP from a friends recomendation and so far so good. I will continue to use. It is so easy to use not like the others.
    Since my join date i have lost 3 lbs. and Monday coming up is my second weigh in, so keep fingers crossed!

Good luck everyone!
  • Lostpounds2
    Options
    Good job and good luck to everyone!