Goodbye NutriSystems

Options
I started the program and was on it a week. I had zero energy and felt sick a lot. Had issues going to the bathroom and all this for a monthly grocery bill for 2 people that went from 400 a month to 726.12. You get prepackaged food and frozen cuisine but you still have to buy stuff at the store. So after eating a week of the ham & cheese omlet or the vege omlet I thought to myself why am I starving myself like this? 100 calories and add a piece of fruit. Why couldn't I create my own low carb, 1200 calorie meals myself and be satisfied each meal and have energy. So I set out to find food substitutes so I could still eat things I love like sushi.

I bought Walden Farms no calorie products like dressing, mayo, ketchup. The dressing is runny but the flavors are just like the real thing. Then I bought Miracle Noodles Angel, Fettucine and Rice. Ok, now I have a supply that will last 6 months and I spent for that 6 months total 172 bucks. So divide by 6 months and that is 28.66. Now on to the grocery store.

I used myfitnesspal to construct a calorie menu for myself and my husband. Not only am I at 1200 or less calories somedays and he at 1500 calories but we are so satisfied and can eat pretty much things we enjoy like Pancakes. Yes Pancakes. Sushi is my big thing but the rice makes it high in calories and carbs. But thanks to Miracle Noodles my rice has no calories and now I can have an Avacado with it cuz I like the Avacado in the rolls. I put raw tuna on the rice for Sashimi and have 5 pieces then 1 roll with Soy Bean warp or Nori whichever I am in the mood and get 6 pieces from that and I am full but only used 137 calories. So adding my Avadcao at 250 calories and that is a low calorie, satisfying dinner.

Wait it gets better. I love breakfast. Fav meal of the day and I have always been hashbrowns, eggs, bacon. So I substitute eggs for egg beaters, all butter is no calorie cooking spray and Parkay spray. Bacon is turkey bacon and hashbrowns is now Spaghetti Squash. Yes if you cut a few slits in the squash and nuke it for 15-20 mins. Let it cool. Slice it in the middle, scoop out the seeds you have hashbrown substitutes. Scrap the insides and they come out looking like hashbrowns. My calories for this meal were 333. Yes it is more than Nutri tiny little omlet but I was not full cuz the portion size was tiny. But in planning my daily meals I am full, ate low carb and low calorie foods, spent less money and am losing weight. The little substitutes that you can find make all the difference in the world.

Replies

• Tuffjourney
    Options
    Awesome, you can do it ! Best of luck to you.:flowerforyou:
  • alohabrie
    alohabrie Posts: 204
    Options
    Good for you! Yes, real food is the way to go. Try dumping tons of fresh baby spinach in your pan before you cook your eggbeaters in it. I love the added volume and it is really yummy.
  • lilac67
    lilac67 Posts: 311
    Options
    Now that is using your no calorie noodle!! Great job! Eating the way you are now not only saves you money, it's much better for you, too!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!