Just weighed myself for the first time in a year...

Options
The scale didn't say what I was hoping for, so now it's time to make a change to my lifestyle! I have gained 30 pounds in 3 years. Most of it due to getting married and eating out a lot! I am a teacher so in the summer I tend to eat all day! I am hoping that when school starts it will make my eating habits better.

Replies

• theprettyone1010
    theprettyone1010 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    You can make your eating habits better now by making healthier choices and eating out in moderation. Good luck to you and welcome to MFP.
  • LaDiablesse
    LaDiablesse Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You will find lots of help & support here!
  • cjsgrimlin
    cjsgrimlin Posts: 246
    Options
    You can make your eating habits better now by making healthier choices and eating out in moderation. Good luck to you and welcome to MFP.

Amen to that!!! We are all here for you!
  • patriot201
    patriot201 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I'm a teacher, too. I understand the difference in food over the summer!
  • AEcklar813
    AEcklar813 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. It's a great time to start living a healthier life. This site has helped me lose 24 lbs in about 55 days or so. Not only that, I feel better about myself, make healthier choices, and I'm exercising pretty much daily. =) You can do it!!
  • ritaadkins2002
    ritaadkins2002 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    im happy that u joined us here at mfp....we can help u and u can help us....so lets do this togeather.:smile:
  • jeeves_17
    jeeves_17 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I've gained 30 lbs in about an year. I was able to drop 31 lbs and dropping since January. So you're situation is perfectly normal and possible to achieve. Best wishes with making the right healthy food selections.
  • SixCatFaerie
    SixCatFaerie Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!

I was the same way. I had quit smoking & hadn't weighed myself in about 5 years. 90 lbs. later... still have the same clothing & since I wear loose clothing with elastic I really didn't notice! I know that sounds hard to believe, but I have always hated looking in the mirror so I really didn't realize that I had gained that much. So here I am & I tell you it has been hard making this lifestyle change - but I know it will be worth it!

So hopefully, we can all get healthier & achieve our goals!
  • welloiledmachine
    welloiledmachine Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    This is a great place to track your progress and great place to ask questions. You will find all kinds of useful information, but everything will not work for you. Just gotta start somewhere and should see results within a few weeks. Best of luck.
    Train hard.
  • ak_in_ak
    ak_in_ak Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    make use of your summers off and bike, run, walk the dog, all those fun things. I do find it easier to eat healthy at work becasue I can pack everything and regulate myself more. Look at peoples diarys ( mine is open) to get an idea for snacks and lunches to bring to work. I pack everything and log it the night before so I have a plan I can stick to.
  • Lashley01
    Lashley01 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am new to this site (and dieting) as well. I have been married for 2 years and have gained 15 pounds. I'm also a teacher and have found that I snack on the wrong things while I'm at work, and during the summer I graze all day. Sounds like we have a lot in common. It might be fun to plan some snack choices before school gets back in session! Good luck!
  • jmruef
    jmruef Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    I totally understand about eating out all the time! I hate cooking.

I threw away my scale a year or so before I got married, bought a new one a year *after* I got married, and...well, it was pretty ugly. I still have my scale, but DH and I eat out less and have made changes in what we eat when we *do* go out.

Good luck!
  • SenoraMacias
    SenoraMacias Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Don't wait til school starts back. Don't wait til tomorrow or even until dinner. Start NOW! Those "tomorrows" add up. You'll do great! Good luck :)
  • robertf57
    robertf57 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    I've lost more than 1/1/2 that since February so don't wait for the beginning of school to start! You can be healthier starting today!

Good luck!