Sick of treating my body like a bottomless pit.

Options
Hi Everyone,
I'm Lauren, I'm a twenty year old college student, and I am on here to lose 10 pounds! Hopefully more if this goes well. I do the best I can to exercise and go to the gym, which I usually get in about 3 times a week, but even though I exercise, I eat so badly that there is no way any of that will help. My specific goals for myself are to eat(and like) more fruits and vegetables. The reason I have such a hard time eating right is simply because I don't like many fruits or vegetables at all. I also do better with food when I am home, but then I go back to school, and tight schedules and dining hall food comes into play. Any advice for eating right at college would be greatly appreciated. I'm excited to start my journey with you all!

Replies

• LittleMissAlx
    LittleMissAlx Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Hello!
    I can't give you any advice as such, but I'm totally in the same position. Just lost 12lb from being exactly the same as you, and I'm quite nervous about going back to uni in September in case I fall back into the same habits. My plan is - making lunch the night before (I've got my own flat so cooking not an issue, imagine is harder if you don't have the facilities), and healthy snacks like yoghurt, apples, bananas, strawberries to eat in between lectures. Also, I find planning everything out the night before helps, then you know exactly what you're allowed to eat so you can spread it out throughout the day.
    Hope that helps! Feel free to add me, maybe we could encourage each other to stick to it! x
  • GreenGettingLean
    GreenGettingLean Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Sending a friend request your way! I am in almost the opposite situation (dietary restrictions keep me from being able to eat most high-fat/cal foods) so hopefully I can help you brainstorm some healthy eating ideas! Best of luck to you!
  • Snicksitis
    Options
    Also sending a friend request! I'm a junior in my undergrad and freshman year I gained about 20 pounds. it was the dining hall food! Sophmore year I reduced my meal plan so that I could only eat in the dining hall about once a day. I would normally get a turkey sandwich on wheat for lunch and an apple or something. Then for dinner I would make my own food. Nothing fancy, most of the time I ate a Leancuisine meal or something quick. I always kept healthy snacks in my dorm room like nuts, Fiberone bars, pieces of fruit, wheat thins. When I went to campus I would bring some of those in my bag so that I wasn't tempted to go to the vending machine. Good luck! It really isn't as hard as you think you just have to take control!