Calling all Salem Oregon (and surrounding area) Members

Options
I want to start some kind of support group and want to know if anyone is interested. I don't have it all worked out right now, but was thinking of something where as a group our goal is to lose 1000lbs (obviously the more people who join the easier it would be to accomplish this goal). We can meet monthly somewhere and weigh in, meet each other, encourage each other in person, share recipes, swap clothes, etc. I was also thinking of doing some sort of "walk-a-thon" where we can all meet up at a designated spot and walk. Nothing about raising money or anything (unless we want to). Maybe we can all meet up and go hiking at the waterfalls, or one of the parks. What are your thoughts, would you be interested in something like this?

Replies

• Battosai08
    Battosai08 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I like this idea! Not having friends is the main reason I just sit at home and ...well... do nothing. I limit my self to "at home excerises", which isn't doing me a whole lot of good. And I LOVE to cook. So recipe swapping sounds great too!
    Welcome to Salem, Luigigirl. :)
  • luigigirl
    Options
    Thanks. I really hope I can get this up and running. I think it would help alot of people...
  • luigigirl
    Options
    bump
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    hey!! I'm in Salem!! I'm DYING to find friends that want to meet for running/hiking/walking!!!