Diet and Calories consumption

Options
I use myfirnesspal every day and have dropped 16kg ...so mostly sucessful (in about 4 months), I am 78kg now, 5ft 7in

However I sometimes find that the input and output calories ie Food Calories - Exercise - BMR sometimes doesnt really translate into the weight reduction I am expecting. (PS I am entering EVERYTHING i do - sad ...but true!)

I was wondering if this is due to the % protein, % carb, %fat in the diet and it needs to be a big more scientific in its approach
PS dropped the weight by doing 1 hour of kick boxing most days and week and between 5 and 10km on an elliptical and restricting diet to 1200 - 1300 calories
Interested in thoughts on this.....

Replies

• MrCake
    MrCake Posts: 53
    Options
    I do personally think that a diet needs to look at more than simply the amount of calories you consume. Taking into consideration the type of calories, food sources and timing throughout the day makes a great difference in the results you will experience.

Nutrition for Newbies parts 1 and 2 by Christian Thibaudeau is a good reading outlining a more scientific approach