Heart Rate Monitor Survey

Options
2»

Replies

• stephyy4632
    stephyy4632 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    When I did my research...for an 'inexpensive' device, I came across this info...

Heart-Rate Monitors top 5 models according to consumer reports Feb-2011. All are chest-strap models.
    1. Timex Personal Trainer T5G971 - $50, score: 93%
    2. Timex Zone Trainer T5J031 - $75, score: 92%
    3. New Balance N5 - $72, score: 90%
    4. Sportline Duo 1010 - $60, score: 88%
    5. Omron HR-100C - $40, score: 88%
    6. Acumen Ergo Plus - $70, score: 87%
    7. Ekho E-15 - $72, score: 87%

To answer your question(s)...

1. What HRM do you use? Timex Personal Trainer T5G971

2. Why did you choose it? Reviews and price

3. What do you like best about it? It's easy to use, accurate, love being able to know if i'm in my 'zone' or not...also my calories burnt and ave HR for my workout. (I'm doing P90X).

4. Is there anything you think it's missing/have you had any problems with it? The BIGGEST thing missing is that you cannot switch between the sexes. It assumes you're a Male...cannot toggle to Female. Therefore my wife cannot use it. Other devices allow for you to set your sex. Other than that...I love it.

very happy to see this I just purchased the Ekho E-15 Heart Rate Monitor online and should have it next week. I didn`t really do any research just bought it on a wim but very happy to see its in the list :)
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Heart-Rate Monitors top 5 models according to consumer reports Feb-2011. All are chest-strap models.
    1. Timex Personal Trainer T5G971 - $50, score: 93%
    2. Timex Zone Trainer T5J031 - $75, score: 92%
    3. New Balance N5 - $72, score: 90%
    4. Sportline Duo 1010 - $60, score: 88%
    5. Omron HR-100C - $40, score: 88%
    6. Acumen Ergo Plus - $70, score: 87%
    7. Ekho E-15 - $72, score: 87%

Don't use this list... this is the onetime that consumer reports was really off the mark and I love consumer reports.

That being said.

I personally have a Polar FT7

I like it because it's easy to use, easy to set up and the strap is really comfortable.

I bought it off of a recommendation from a personal trainer. I had the Timex personal trainer that is listed on that list before I got my Polar, and the calorie count was through the roof. which is why I don't recommend TImex or any brand on that list.

So far I've had no problems with my FT7 and would recommend it and any Polar highly.
  • judogrrl
    Options
    I use a polar in the gym because it interfaces with the equipment. For running outside, nothing beats my garmin 305.