"Success" story... I guess

Options
MrsRadder
MrsRadder Posts: 207 Member
Found peace today... in a round about way.

Saw a picture of myself from this past weekend. Granted it was a very very bad shot. But never the less it hurt because I have been working so hard! I came home weighed myself..nothing... took my measurements... nothing, waged war with the fridge and ate two leftover tacos, skipped my gym class because I 'didn't feel like it', (sound familiar). Started going through some photos to have developed for my kids. And that's when I found it... I found a folder labeled 'Body Changes' I took photos at the start of June, one month into my 'new fit life', thought what the heck it's only the 5th day of August I can take some July photos. So I got into my bathing suit from two years ago and stood in front of the mirror and ripped myself to pieces for they way I look, (sound familiar?) I downloaded them anyways and headed to the kitchen to eat a brownie (because that will help) came back to see the folder...Wow... I am looking better.
That's when I decided, I may not look they way I would like, but I am not as soft as I was a month ago.. but I am not as firm as I will be a month for now. Today is just another day on a long journey, lets face it if it was easy everyone would do it... but it's hard so I guess I will do it. Just a friendly reminder to everyone out there to take the photos monthly and trust me you will see the changes they are there just hard to find sometimes... I posted my photo for the first time today. Because I worked hard to look like this, for better or for worse my body can do some amazing things... and I am going to work even harder to look better.

That's all for now I have my running shoes on and it's time to DO THIS! Good luck to everyone on your journey!

Replies

• mynika
    mynika Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting, this was very encouraging because I have thought all of those things. I will go home today and take some pics :)
    thanks
  • JessicaRaeD
    Options
    Those days where you take it out on the fridge are the best :) you feel horrible afterwards but I am so proud of you and want you to know the amount of courage it takes to share your photo with the rest of us! Thank you for sharing you are amazing and can keep it up! Laziness never gets us anything but overweight and lots of health issues :) keep it up I'm here for ya!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!