Sedentary life style?

Options
Hello guys,

I was wondering if I could get your opinion on my life style. I have a desk job so for 42.5 hours a week I'm just sitting behind a computer without any activity.

However, I do go to the gym in the morning before work 3 times a week to do weight lifting using StrongLifts 5x5 program. Then in the evening I go to MMA gym. Classes include Kickboxing, Muay Thai, Wrestling, Jiu Jitsu, Conditioning, etc. I go there about 4 to 5 night a week spending 3.5 hours there from Monday to Thursday and two hours on Friday.

Since I'm still sitting behind a computer at work for a major part of my day is my life style still sedentary?

Thanks guys!!!

Have a great weekend!!!

Replies

• agleckle
    agleckle Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    The way I understand it is...

If you decided to select sedentary, then you need to record your exercises to get exercise calories and then you should eat some if not all of them.

If you decided to choose a super active setting, then the extra calories are added in to your daily goal already so you wouldnt need record your exercises...

So it is your call as to which route you want to take on that.
  • auntiebabs
    auntiebabs Posts: 1,754 Member
    Options
    I would put down sedentary, then log each activity as you do it.

It'll adjust your calories.

If you set yourself as active and you miss a work or two because your sick or something you don't have to worry about subtracting anything
  • agleckle
    agleckle Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I would put down sedentary, then log each activity as you do it.

It'll adjust your calories.

If you set yourself as active and you miss a work or two because your sick something you don't have to worry about subtracting anything

I totally agree with choosing the sedentary and adding exercises over choosing the more active option. :)
  • TTHdred
    TTHdred Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I found this post by one of the Mods to be most helpful. Long, but worth the read.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/291071-activity-level-and-logging-exercise
  • swaymyway
    swaymyway Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Sedentary is the correct setting for you, but you need to log all of your exercise and eat at least half those calories back each day :)
  • Mateo1985
    Mateo1985 Posts: 153
    Options
    Thank you for the advise guys!!! I'll stick with the sedentary setting and see how it goes.