What can I make with all these tomatoes!!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• ljjorgensen
    Options
    TOMATO SALAD.....Tomatoes, red onion, green and red peppers, a few banana peppers( for heat) Mix vegetable oil (or olive if you like), apple cider vinegar and garlic salt. Cut up in bite sizes all veggies and pour oil dressing over. Can keep adding more veggies to dressing after you eat some, it just keeps getting better. Sometimes I add cucumbers.
  • jagh09
    jagh09 Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    Make Salsa, homemade pasta sauce, cut them up into your tuna salad or egg salad, cut them in half and broil them with some lowfat mozzarella on top....so many choices!

Betty Crocker actually has a selection on using tomatoes right now: http://www.bettycrocker.com/Tips/TipsLibrary/Ingredients/Savor-The-Season-Tomatoes?parent={95618662-2C8D-4492-A776-C61DA1FC5CAC}&WT.ac=Home_slide_2_072611_CTA_AllAboutTomatoes

Some great ideas in there!
  • Quiltmania
    Options
    My neighbor grows tomatoes. So i am always well stocked. I have about 20 right now sitting on my counter about to go bad. What can I make with them? How do you make tomatoe paste? Maybe i can just freeze it that way. i hate to waste them

Cut them up, add a chopped onion, add olive oil and balsalmic vinegar to taste, dash of salt and pepper. Serve on bread although it is good without bread and just eaten with a spoon.
  • marquesajen
    Options
    Pico de gallo! Or bruschetta, tomato sauce, tomato salad with olive oil and basil and mozzarella, pizza, um...can them? I'm sure there's more. That's all I can think of.